||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
|Alcohol by volume||8.0% (Tosi Vahva Karhu)
5.4% (Karhu IVA)
4.6% (Karhu III)
|Original gravity||16.5% PI (Tosi Vahva Karhu)
12.3% PI (Karhu IVA)
10.5% PI (Karhu III)
|IBU scale||18 (Karhu III)|
The brewing of Karhu began in 1929 and in terms of market share, it has become the most popular beer in Finland in the last few years. Currently there are three beers with different ABV's. The most popular one is Karhu III (4.6%). There is also a Karhu A with an ABV of 5.4%. The label on the bottle depicts a bear, which is also the meaning of the name in Finnish. The name origins from the city of Pori where the beer was originally from.
Originally Karhu was brewed by Pori Brewery which was bought by Sinebrychoff in 70s. The Pori brewery was closed in 2009 and the beer is made in Kerava. Since the sell volumes are confidential it is unsure is Karhu still the most popular beer, because many started to boycott the "new" Karhu.
- Karhu on täyttä olutta.
- "Karhu is a full-bodied beer."
- Jokainen Karhu on täyttä olutta ensipuraisusta viimeiseen pisaraan.
- "Every Karhu is a full-bodied beer from the first bite to the last drop."
- Kesyttämätön Karhu on lajinsa vahvin.
- "Untamed Karhu is the strongest of its breed."
- Korkkaa huurteisen kylmänä ja nauti täyteläisestä mausta.
- "Uncap when frosty cold and enjoy the full-bodied flavour."
|This Finland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This product article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|