Karimpur II (community development block)
করিমপুর II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||235.57 km2 (90.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||810/km2 (2,100/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Murshidabad, Krishnanagar|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Karimpur, Tehatta|
Karimpur II (community development block) is an administrative division in Tehatta subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Karimpur, Thanapara and Murutia police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Rahamatpur.
Rahamatpur is located at.
Tarakganj is an important village of Nandanpur GP as well as in Karimpur PS and Karimpur II Development Block. This is an old village having very high literacy rate. People of Tarakganj are very peace loving and law abiding. There is a High School named Tarakganj High School and one library named Tarakganj Vidyasagar gramin Granthagar in the village. The granthagar was constructed on the land donated by the wife and sons of Late Jatindra Nath Sarkar of the village, with the financial assistance of MLA, Palashipara Kamalendu Sanyal, Jogesh Ch Roy (eminent social worker) and his sons Jugal Pada Roy and Anil Kr Roy and Nikhil Ch Roy and general people also for the benefit of job seekers. Madhab Mondal is the Secretary and Ananda Tarafder is the vice president of the granthagar. Barbak Pur also is an important village of Rahamat Pur Gram Panchayet.There is a Two High School,Barbak Pur MSK High School & Alia Madrasa.
As per 2001 census, Karimpur II block had a total population 191,922, out of which 99,091 were males and 92.831 were females. Karimpur II block registered a population growth of 17.62 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.