Karimpur I (community development block)
করিমপুর I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||214.21 km2 (82.71 sq mi)|
|• Density||780/km2 (2,000/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Murshidabad|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Karimpur|
Karimpur I (community development block) is an administrative division in Tehatta subdivision of Nadia district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Karimpur, Hogolberia and Murutia police stations serve this block. Headquarters of this block is at Sikarpur. There is one census town in this block: Karimpur.
Sikarpur is located at.
As per 2001 census, Karimpur I block had a total population 166,763, out of which 86,260 were males and 80,503 were females. Karimpur I block registered a population growth of 15.97 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 19.51 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Nadia district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Nadia district (10). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Nadia district". NREGA activities - Block Performance MIS vs MPR. Nadia district administration. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-03-25.