Karl-Albrecht von Groddeck
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Karl-Albrecht von Groddeck|
|Born||18 February 1894
|Died||10 January 1944
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1912–44|
|Commands held||161. Infanterie-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Karl-Albrecht von Groddeck (18 February 1894 – 10 January 1944) was a highly decorated Generalleutnant in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded several divisions. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Karl-Albrecht von Groddeck was wounded on 28 August 1943. He died from his wounds on 10 January 1944 in a Breslau hospital and was posthumously promoted to Generalleutnant.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Knight 2nd class of the Friedrich Order with Swords (Wurttenburg)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Iron Cross (1939)
- Crimea Shield
- Order of Michael the Brave 3rd Class (15 February 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 8 September 1941 as Oberst and commander of Infanterie-Regiment 120 (mot.) 
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award, 4th to 1st class
- Miller, Michael D. "Generalleutnant Karl-Albrecht von Groddeck". Axis Biographical Research. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 169.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Karl Groddeck @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived November 16, 2010)
Generalmajor Otto Schell
|Commander of 161. Infanterie-Division
22 August 1943 – 28 August 1943
Generalleutnant Paul Drekmann