|Born||25 March 1975 (age 39)|
|Education||European Business School|
|Known for||President & CEO of H&M|
|Net worth||£365m (2008)|
|Parents||Stefan Persson (father)
Pamela Collett (mother)
|Relatives||Erling Persson (grandfather)|
Karl-Johan Erling Göran Persson is the CEO and president of the fashion company Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), which was founded by his grandfather Erling Persson. Persson's family enjoyed royal connections. Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attended Karl-Johan's wedding in 2002.
Persson attended the European Business School in London from 1996, majoring in Business and Economics. He graduated in 2002. In 2001, Persson purchased an events management business, which established itself as the leading events management company in Scandinavia. The business was successfully sold in 2007 to MCI. In 2005, he joined H&M in an operational role, steadily working his way up to Head of Expansion and Head of Business Development in 2007, before being appointed CEO in 2009 to succeed Rolf Eriksen.
- "Karl-Johan Persson". The Sunday Times. 27 April 2008. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "'I love you, Victoria'". The Local. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Stefan Persson". Nationalencyklopedin (in Swedish). Retrieved 25 September 2010. (subscription required)
- "Karl-Johan Persson". 25 November 2009. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Karl-Johan Persson: Execustive Profile & Biography". Business Week. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Bhatia, Meera (11 February 2009). "H&M Names Karl-Johan Persson CEO to Succeed Eriksen (Update2)". Bloomberg. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Swedish business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to fashion is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|