|Born||22 May 1894
|Died||3 December 1953
Woikowo Prisoner-of-war camp near Moscow
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–45|
|Rank||General der Infanterie|
|Commands held||Infanterie-Regiment 55|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Karl-Wilhelm Specht (22 May 1894 – 3 December 1953) was a highly decorated General der Infanterie in the Wehrmacht during World War II who served on the Army Honour Court after the 20 July Plot. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. He also served on the "Court of Military Honour," a drumhead court-martial that expelled many of the officers involved in the July 20 Plot from the Army before handing them over to the People's Court. Karl-Wilhelm Specht was captured by Soviet troops at the end of the war and died 3 December 1953.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- Wound Badge (1914)
- in Black
- Knight's Cross of the Royal House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Silver
- Eastern Front Medal
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Thomas 1998, p. 333.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 328.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 52.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
- Thomas, Franz (1998). Die Eichenlaubträger 1939–1945 Band 2: L–Z [The Oak Leaves Bearers 1939–1945 Volume 2: L–Z] (in German). Osnabrück, Germany: Biblio-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-7648-2300-9.
- Lexikon der Wehrmacht
- Karl-Wilhelm Specht @ Axis Biographical Research at the Wayback Machine (archived November 17, 2010)