There are no information regarding childhood of Krazeisen. In 1812 he entered the Bavarian army and took part in the 1813/1814's war against Napoleon’s domination. In 1826, having by then promoted to lieutenant, along with 11 other Bavarians went to Greece, where Greek War of Independence was going through a critical phase, after the troops of Turkish sultan receive assistance from his Egyptian vassal It was the first public action to support struggle of Greeks, taken by small European state of Bavarian King and Philhellen Ludwig. Under the command of Charles Nicolas Fabvier Krazeisen has taken part in the battles of the Acropolis, Athens from November 1826 till April 1827 (Battle of Phaleron). On his return to Munich he was promoted to general of infantry.
Krazeisen was not a professional artist. But having the ability to draw, Krazeisen used his stay in Greece with historical insight, creating portraits of the heroes of the war, the sketches of camps, costumes, uniforms, battle plans. He returned to Munich in 1827, published his Greek album, which from 1828 to 1831 has been published seven times.By itself, the album was backing movement of Philhellenism. Along with this, Krazeisen merit is that he conveyed to posterity the characters of that war. Subsequently Krazeisen honored from Greece by Order of the Redeemer.
- HajoKnebel: EberhardKieser, Karl Krazeisen, Eduard Bäumer — drei Künstler aus Kastellaun in der Kunstgeschichte. — In: HunsrückerHeimatblätter. — 1989. S. 338—341. — 1989.
- Georg Kaspar Nagler, Neues allgemeines Künstler-Lexicon 1839, S. 168
- nachanderen Angabenin Zweibrücken (Georg Kaspar Nagler, Neuesallgemeines Künstler-Lexicon 1839, S. 168)
- [KarlBertholdSeewald, WilhelmvonHeideck, S. 46]
- That Greece Might Still Be Free: The Philhellenes in the War of Independence — William St Clair
- Kathimerini vom 2.Januar 2006: «Greekheroes’ imagesrecorded»
- Δημήτρης Φωτιάδης, Η Επανάσταση του Εικοσιένα, εκδ. ΜΕΛΙΣΣΑ 1971, τομ. Δ, σελ. 393, τομ. Γ, σελ 363
- BrigitteSalmern: JohannMichaelWittmer (1802—1880), LebenundWerk, S. 130
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karl Krazeisens Lithografien.|