Karl Moore (footballer)
Moore playing for Bohemians, August 2014
|Date of birth||9 November 1988|
|Place of birth||Dublin, Ireland|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|2008–2009||→ Millwall (loan)||6||(0)|
|2006||Republic of Ireland U17||8||(2)|
|2007–2008||Republic of Ireland U19||6||(1)|
|2008–2010||Republic of Ireland U21||4||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 May 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Karl began his career at his local side St Kevins Boys. At the age of 16 he decided to cross the water and join Manchester City after the Eastlands outfit offered him a deal following a successful trial.
Moore was part of the Manchester City youth side beaten 3–2 by Liverpool in the final of the FA Youth Cup in 2006. On 29 August 2008 he went out on loan from Manchester City to Millwall until January 2009 and made his début for the London club the very next day in Millwall's 2–1 home win against Huddersfield Town. He went on to make a total of nine appearances for the Lions during his loan spell there.
Moore plays primarily as a left/right winger but has been known to be capable at filling in at various other positions. He has represented his country at every level from 'Under 15' up to and including 'Under 21'.
On 8 June 2010, Karl was released along with Martin Petrov, Sylvinho, Jack Redshaw and Benjani. In August that year, Moore returned home to join University College Dublin AFC in a bid to regain fitness and match sharpness as he stepped up his return from injury. Karl made his League of Ireland debut for UCD AFC in a game against Sligo Rovers as a late substitute and soon became a regular with the students. Karl left UCD AFC at the end of the 2010 season, despite being asked to stay on.
Karl joined Rovers' fierce rivals Bohemians on 13 January 2012, and scored on his competitive debut against Portadown FC in the Setanta Cup. His first league goals for the club came on 29 June when he netted a brace in a 4–0 thumping of Shamrock Rovers at Dalymount Park. Despite interest from other clubs, Moore signed a new one-year contract with Bohs at the end of the 2012 season.
- "Karl Moore". soccernet.espn.go.com. (ESPN Internet Ventures). Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Millwall get Man City man on loan". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 29 August 2008. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Out of contract trio leave Blues". mcfc.co.uk. (Manchester City Football Club). 8 June 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Petrov, Sylvinho and Benjani to leave Manchester City". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 8 June 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Sligo Rovers 4–0 UCD AFC". UCD AFC. 15 August 2010. Retrieved 3 February 2011.
- "Four more sign for United". galwayunitedfc.ie. (Galway United Football Club). 21 February 2011. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- "Well eye winger swoop". skysports.com. Sky Sports. 12 June 2011. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
- Bohs batter Rovers