Karlovy Vary Airport
|Karlovy Vary Airport
Letiště Karlovy Vary
|Owner||Karlovy Vary Region|
|Operator||Airport Karlovy Vary|
|Serves||Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic|
|Elevation AMSL||1,989 ft / 606 m|
Karlovy Vary Airport (Czech: Letiště Karlovy Vary) (IATA: KLV, ICAO: LKKV) is the airport of Karlovy Vary in western Bohemia. It is located in the village of Olšová Vrata, 6 km southeast of the city centre and is the fourth busiest airport in the Czech Republic. The airport handled 103,682 passengers in 2012. ´
Airlines and destinations
The airport mainly features flights to and from Russia; 99% of passengers using the airport in 2012 were Russian.
|Czech Airlines||Moscow-Sheremetyevo, Saint Petersburg|
|Travel Service Airlines||Seasonal charter: Antalya|
The nearest major international airport is Prague Václav Havel Airport approx. 90 km to the east.
From Karlovy Vary or Prague: The airport is 6km southeast of the centre of Karlovy Vary. Turn from the road I/6 (E48) near Karlovy Vary Golf Resort and continue 3,5 km to the airport. Public transport to the airport is maintained seven times per day by city bus Nr. 8.
- "Airport Karlovy Vary :: Operation Statistics". International Airport Karlovy Vary. Retrieved 2014-06-08.
- "Letiště Karlovy Vary loni mělo zisk na 8,7 milionu korun". Czech News Agency (in Czech). 23 June 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Business News". Radio Prague. 8 July 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "AeroSvit launches weekly flights between Karlovy Vary and Kiev". Radio Prague. 21 April 2011. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Conferences: Take the plunge in Karlovy Vary". The Prague Post. 14 March 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Regional airports flying high". The Prague Post. 23 January 2013. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
Media related to Karlovy Vary Airport at Wikimedia Commons
- Official website
- Current weather for LKKV at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for LKKV at Aviation Safety Network