May 10, 1990 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
|Measurements||84-60-90 (EU) 33-24-35.5 (US)|
|Dress size||34 (EU), 4 (US)|
|Shoe size||42 (EU), 10 (US), 7.5 (UK)|
Karmen Pedaru (born May 10, 1990) is an Estonian fashion model.
Karmen Pedaru was born on 10 May 1990 in Kehra, Estonia. Born into an athletic family, Pedaru became interested in sports at a very early age. From the time she was six, Pedaru played a variety of sports, including basketball, soccer and handball. She played goalkeeper on the U-19 junior Estonian national football team for a year before she quit to pursue modeling.
Karmen's mother died when Karmen was 5 years old and after that Karmen was raised by her grandmother Elo-Mai Pedaru.
She married Riccardo Ruini on 14 December, 2012.
She was discovered in 2005, at the age of fifteen, at a drama theater in Tallinn. Shortly after, she signed with Next Models and appeared in an editorial for Teen Vogue. Her debut came when she walked for Christopher Kane during the spring 2007 season.
Her big opportunity came when she walked the fall 2008 shows during New York Fashion Week. She ended up walking 43 runways making appearances in shows such as Marc Jacobs, Donna Karan, Givenchy and Dries Van Noten.
Since then, Pedaru has appeared in advertisements for Chloe, Gucci, Jill Stuart, Missoni, Nicole Farhi, Ralph Lauren and Derek Lam. She has walked for numerous designers in New York, London, Milan and Paris, including Shiatzy Chen, Alexander McQueen, Chanel, Christian Dior, D&G, Diane von Furstenberg, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, Roberto Cavalli, Versace and Yves Saint Laurent, and appeared in editorials for Numéro, Harper's Bazaar, Elle, V Magazine, W Magazine, Dazed & Confused and Italian, French, British, Korean, German, Portuguese, Teen, and Japanese Vogue magazines. She was also made her debut at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2011 and had two outfits, one of which had wings.
In 2011, Pedaru replaced fellow Estonian model Carmen Kass as the new face of Michael Kors. In an interview with style.com, Kors said: “I love the sporty, sexy chic of Karmen and Simon,” he explained. “They’re both youthful and elegant all at once—which makes them so very Michael Kors.”
She is currently ranked #4 in Models.com Top 50 Models list.
-  Retrieved and verified on 2011-07-18
- Fashion Model Directory Retrieved and verified on 2011-07-18
- "Karmen Pedaru - Fashion Model - Profile on New York Magazine". NY Mag. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "This Week's Model: Karmen Pedaru: Editors' Blog: Wmagazine.com". W Magazine. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Karmen Pedaru: “Inimesed ei taha näha reklaamides pakse naisi”". Eesti Ekspress. Retrieved 2013-02-19.
- "Karmen Pedaru Got Married in Rome Wearing Saint Laurent". Front Row View. Retrieved 2013-01-03.
- "Exclusive: Karmen Pedaru And Simon Nessman For Michael Kors Spring 2011". Style.com. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- J.J. Anisiobi (August 4, 2012). "Ewan McGregor revs up the ante as he models bike gears as the face of Belstaff". Daily Mail. Retrieved August 6, 2012.
- "Karmen Pedaru - Model Profile - Photos". Models.com. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Karmen Pedaru|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karmen Pedaru.|