|Produced by||V. Ramesh|
|Written by||Murthy Ramesh (dialogues)|
|Story by||Arjun Sarja|
|Cinematography||K. S. Selvaraj|
|Editing by||P. Venkateswara Rao|
|Studio||Vijaya Madhavi Combines|
|Distributed by||Vijaya Madhavi Combines|
|Release dates||14 April 1995|
|Running time||140 minutes|
Karnaa is a 1995 Tamil language action film directed by Selva. The film features Arjun Sarja, Ranjitha and Vineetha in lead roles. The film was released on 14 April 1995 and was declared a super hit at the box office.
Vijay (Arjun Sarja), an irresponsible youth, is sent by his father Deenadayalan (Ravichandran) in Ooty to work and becoming a responsible businessman. There, he falls in love with Anjali (Vineetha), a college student. Her brothers (Mohan Raj and Vimalraj), dangerous criminals, were against their love because Vijay's father was a police officer. Thereafter, Devaraj is sent to jail so his brother appoints Karnaa (Arjun Sarja), a disabled lawyer.
Amudha (Ranjitha), a school teacher, falls in love with Karnaa after a misunderstanding. One day, Deenadayalan saw Karnaa at the court and he looked like his son Vijay. In the past, he had twin boys, but abandoned one of the twin baby because he was disabled. Karnaa is upset when he knew the truth and is now determinated to win the case in front of his father. He wins the case and Devaraj is released immediately. Deenadayalan said the truth to his wife Lakshmi who wants to bring back at all costs Karnaa at home.
Meanwhile, Vijay is arrested by the police because of Devaraj's conspiracy. Karnaa rejected his parents' request and finds outrageous to abandon a baby due to his handicap. Then, Karnaa promises to help Vijay, but he advises Vijay to escape from the jail. Devaraj shows his secret illegal business to Karnaa and Vijay takes some photos of his factory. Then, Devaraj's goons kidnap their parents, Karnaa's adopted mother and Amudha. Vijay and Karnaa save them and send Devaraj to jail.
- Arjun Sarja as Vijay and Karnaa
- Ranjitha as Amudha
- Vineetha as Anjali
- Koundamani as Nayak
- Ravichandran as Vijay's father
- Sujatha as Lakshmi, Vijay's mother
- Mohan Raj as Devaraj
- Vimalraj as Devaraj's brother
- Sathyapriya as Karnaa's adopted mother
- Kitty as Karnaa's adopted father
- Major Sundararajan as an advocate
|Soundtrack album by Vidyasagar|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
The film score and the soundtrack were composed by Vidyasagar. The soundtrack, released in 1995, features 6 tracks with lyrics written by Vairamuthu. The song Malare Mounama became an evergreen hit.
|1||'Aai Shabba'||Mano, Swarnalatha||4:27|
|3||'Hello Miss Chellama'||Chetan, Swarnalatha, Arjun Sarja||5:17|
|4||'Kannile Kannile'||Mano, Sindhu||4:06|
|5||'Malare Mounama'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:05|
|6||'Putham Pudhu Desam'||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, S. Janaki||5:30|
- "Find Tamil Movie Karna". jointscene.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "Filmography of karna". cinesouth.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "Tamil Movie News--1995 Review". groups.google.com. 1996-01-09. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- "Karna". hummaa.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "Find Tamil movie Karna". jointscene.com. Retrieved 2011-10-30.
- "S. Janaki is 72 today". indiaglitz.com. 2010-04-23. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
- "Events — Vidyasagar: Music Matters". indiaglitz.com. 2010-06-25. Retrieved 2013-11-17.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1990s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|