|Traded as||BİST: KARSN|
|Headquarters||Akçalar, Bursa, Turkey|
|Key people||Håkan Samuelsson (Chairman)
Murat Şelek (CEO)
Gelli de Belen (Actress and Director)
|Products||Automobiles, commercial vehicles|
Karsan was founded in 1966 in Bursa, Turkey, to produce light commercial vehicles. Koç Group assumed management control of the company between 1979-1998. Later on Kıraça Group took over the company in 1998 by acquiring the majority of the shares under the leadership of İnan Kıraç.
Karsan, owned by 100% Turkish capital, produces and sells Peugeot light commercial vehicles under a licensing agreement with the French manufacturer, as well as the Fiat Ducato and its rebadged version the Peugeot Boxer. In addition to these, Karsan produces and sells special vehicles such as ambulances, taxis, patrol vehicles and 4x4s.
In 1998, Karsan started building its new factory in Akçalar with an investment of 70 million USD, in order to take advantage of the LCV market potential and renew its technology. Production began in its new factory in October 1999. Majority of the investment that raised the annual capacity to 25,000 units in two shifts was financed through the company’s own resources. In 2001, an additional 2 million USD expanded the capacity of the paint shop to 40,000 vehicles in two shifts. Thus, with minor additional investments the total factory capacity can be brought up from 25,000 to 40,000 on demand. The new factory, situated on a total of 200.000 m² of land with 71,000 m² covered area, is 30 kilometers from the center of Bursa. This factory, designed to produce any type of vehicle from cars to trucks, is equipped with the latest technology and production lines, and can produce any combination of vehicles with minimum adjustments.
At the end of 2010, the J9 Premier minibus was replaced with the new Karsan J10, available in three body versions- with 14, 17 or 20 seats, and powered by a Euro 4 common rail 2,3 liter diesel engine of Iveco origin.
- Peugeot J9 (1981–2006)
- Peugeot Partner (1997–present)
- Peugeot Boxer (2001–unknown)
- Fiat Ducato (2001–unknown)
- Karsan J9 Premier (2006–2010)
- Hyundai Truck (2007–present)
- Citroën Berlingo (2008–present)
- Renault Premium (2008–present)
- Renault Kerax (2009–present)
- BredaMenarinibus Vivacity (2010–present)
- BredaMenarinibus Avancity (2010–present)
- Karsan J10 (2010–present)
- Karsan V-1 (prototype)
- Karsan MB1-CS (2013–present)
- Karsan Jest (2013–present)
- "Corporate". Karsan. Retrieved 2011-10-25.
- "Timeline". Karsan. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- Gross, Samantha (2011-05-03). "NYC taxis to get suburban look, Japanese nameplate". Associated Press.
- Fournol, Bernard (2010-10-15). "Karsan J10: lointain Peugeot pour le Bosphore" (in French). Le blog auto.