|Karuga Station building (August 2002).|
(See other stations in Hiroshima)
|Opened||April 28, 1915|
Karuga Station (狩留家駅 Karuga-eki?) is a JR West Geibi Line station located in Karuga-chō, Asakita-ku, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan. The station services a large number of express and local trains daily.
- 1915-04-28: Karuga Station opens
- 1937-07-01: Karuga Station is nationalized and becomes part of Japanese National Railways
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Karuga Station becomes a JR West station
Station building and platforms
Karuga Station features one island-style platform capable of handling two lines simultaneously. The station building was completed in 1953 and is an old-style wooden building with a tile roof. The station is privately operated under contract from JR West, and tickets can be purchased inside the station building.
- Karuga Post Office
- Hiroshima Municipal Kariogawa Elementary School
- Nabetsuchi Pass
- Misasa River
- Hiroshima Prefectural Route 37 (Hiroshima-Miyoshi Route)
All lines are JR West lines.
- Geibi Line
- Miyoshi Express
- No stop
- Commuter Liner
- Miyoshi Liner
- Shirakiyama Station — Karuga Station — Kamifukawa Station
- (Japanese) JR West