|Elevation||81 m (266 ft)|
|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 481|
|Vehicle registration||KL -33|
The origin of the name Karukachal is possibly related to the Malayalam words karuka and chal.Karuka is a type of grass and chal means a small stream. Its also said that Karukachal and nearby places were home to many warriors and their chekavans(servants). Although there is no historical evidence to back this, its said that, the warriors used to clean their sword after battles in stream near to this place .(There was a small stream near the present bus stand in karukachal).Thus chances are that Karukachal got its name from the Malayalam words vaal kazhuki chaal. vaal(sword), kazhuki (to wash) and chal (stream).Vaalkazhukeechal ultimately became karukachal.
- N.S.S Medical Mission Hospital
- Travancore Foundation Senior Care Facility
- Mercy hospital
- SJ eye hospital
- Shri. K. Narayana Kurup, veteran leader, Advocate and Professor.
- Kottayam Nazeer, a famous Mollywood actor as well as a well-known Mimicry artist.
The present day Karukachal does not have the stream from which the village got its name. Karukachal is also home to many temples and churches,
- Champakkara Devi temple,
- St.Thomas C.S.I Church, Nedungadappally
- St. John's C.S.I Church, Neelampara
- St.Mary's Orthodox Church Panayampala
- St.Stephens Orthodox Church Panayampala
- St.Sebastian's Church Panayampala
- Champakkara Church,
- St.Thomas Marthoma Church, Champakara
- Nethalloor Devi Temple,
- Sri Ayyappa Temple owned by The Ayyappa seva sangham,
- Kootrappalli Church,
- Jersulem Marthoma Church, Koothrappally
- Vettikavumkal Sree Mahadeva Kshetram,(58 SNDP YOGAM)
- Chelakompu St.Andrew's CMS Anglican Church,
- Nedumkunnam St.John the Baptist Church,
- Nedumkunnam Devi Temple
- Nearest temple *anikkattilammakshethram
The Federal Bank Ltd, The South Indian Bank Ltd, The Catholic Syrian Bank Ltd, State Bank Of Travancore, Kottayam Dt. Co-operative Bank, Champakara Service Co-operative Bank, North Malabar Gramin Bank, Madappaly Service Co-operative Bank, The Karukachal Urban CS LTD K-1032
Santhi puram Shiva Temple Sree subhananda Darsana Mandapam.Kuttikkal. (Subhananda Gurudevan, a social reformer among backward caste who have been under slavery for decades) and Four more Subhanandasramams are being situated in Karukachal.
- Karukachal Town
- Karukachal-Aniyarappadi-Nethallore Road
vettikavumkal The location of Karukachal was very important during Rajavazhcha(rule of the king). It was a resting place for Royal Family members who made pleasure trips to High-ranges. For their safety, many Kuruppan families settled in Karukachal. The Royal family members enjoyed their hospitality and protection. The earliest Concrete Road runs thru' Karukachal. The present Changanacherry-Kumily Road is laid upon the old concrete Road. Bullock Carts used to ply in convoys to the western market in Changanacherry and back. Karukachal was an assembling point for these carts which were coming from various inlands.
Kangazha is a beautiful place, having a serene atmosphere in Changanacherry Taluk east to Karukachal. Famous for the MGDM Hospital one of the oldest multispeciality community referral hospitals in Kerala. The first Self Finance Nursing College in private sector in Kerala, Theophilis College of Nursing is also situated at Kangazha. Other educational institutions at kangazha are PGM college of arts and Science, P Geevarghese School of Nursing, School of Laboratory Technology-MGDM Hospital, Baselios Higher Secondary School, St. Thomas School Kangazha etc.
- Kuruppan kavala
- Puthupally padavu
- aasramaom padi
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Karukachal.|