|Motto||Arise and shine|
|Location||Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Rural, 700 Acres|
|Former names||Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences|
Karunya University (formerly Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, KITS) is a fully residential deemed university located in Coimbatore, India. It was founded as a Christian minority institution by the late D. G. S. Dhinakaran, his son Paul Dhinakaran, Christian evangelists and founders of Jesus Calls Ministries, India.
In 1981, D.G.S. Dhinakaran embarked on the path to start a technical university. The institute was inaugurated on 4 October 1986 as Karunya Institute of Technology by Arjun Singh, the Human Resources and Development (HRD) minister in the Indian government. The institute was affiliated to Bharathiar University in Coimbatore and functioned as a private self-financing engineering college. It was promoted by the Karunya Educational Trust. In 2004, the institute was awarded deemed university status in recognition of its academic excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, government of India and subsequently renamed as Karunya University under sec. 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 vide Notification No. 9-3-2000-U3 dt. 23.6.2004 of the government of India..
|Engineering – India|
Karunya was ranked #69 in the Outlook India Top Engineering Colleges of 2011. In rankings of private universities, it was ranked #29 by the Mint Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009. Karunya University is ranked 8th in infrastructure. Karunya University was also ranked #8 among India's top private Universities in 2013 published in North East Sun Magazine by Mainline Media Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai.
The university grants Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) and Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in various engineering fields. Other postgraduate courses include Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Application (MCA), Master of Science (M.Sc.) in various fields, Master of Arts (M.A.) in English (M.A.) and in Development Management and various integrated (five year) M.Sc. programs. The institute also offers Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.), as well as Ph.D and M.Phil. in Engineering and Pure sciences.
Residential complexes 
The southern side of the campus houses five women's hostels. The northern section of the campus houses eight men's hostels. They accommodate more than 7000 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Sports and Games 
The Evangeline Memorial South India Tournament is organized annually in mid September. Karunya is a team in all the games among the entire league of Tamil Nadu engineering colleges. 
Professional Societies' Chapters 
- IAESTE (International Association for Exchange of Students for Technical Expertise)
- ISTE (Indian Society For Technical Education)
Various Students Clubs 
- Nature Club
- Youth Red Cross
- Rotary Club
- Astronomy Club
Academic clubs 
Computer Science & Technology 
- Linux Club
- .Net Club
- Java Club
- Web and Multimedia Club
- Ethical Hackers Club
- Networking Club
- Oracle Club
- Programmers Club
- Design Club
- Manufacturing and Production Club
- 'SAE' - Auto Enthusiasts Club
- Embedded Systems Club
- Robotics Club
- Electronics Hardware Hobby Club
- DSP Club(Digital Signal Processing)
- LAN Broadcasting Club
- Product Design Club
- ECE Enigma
Other certifications 
- SCJP course (certification from Oracle)
- Linux course (certification from Red Hat)
- Oracle Database course
- Networking course(Cisco systems)
- BEC (Business English certification)
Notable Alumni 
- "Best Engineering colleges 2012". India Today. 8 June 2012. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "Top Engineering Colleges". Outlook India. 16 June 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
- "India's Top Engineering Colleges 2012 (DQ-CMR T-Schools Survey 2012)". archive.dqindia.com/. Dataquest. 15 December 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- "Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009" (PDF). Mint. 23 June 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2011.
- "KEMT 2012". Retrieved 16 May 2013.