|Motto||Arise and shine|
|Location||Karunya Nagar, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Campus||Rural, 700 Acres|
|Former names||Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences|
Karunya University (formerly Karunya Institute of Technology and Sciences, KITS) is a fully residential, Evangelical Christian, Deemed University located in Coimbatore, India. It was founded as a Christian minority institution by the late D. G. S. Dhinakaran, his son Paul Dhinakaran, Christian evangelists and the founders of Jesus Calls Ministries, India.
In 1981, D.G.S. Dhinakaran embarked on the path to start a technical university. The institute was inaugurated on 4 October 1986 as Karunya Institute of Technology by Arjun Singh, the Human Resource Karunya Educational Trust. In 2004, the institute was awarded deemed university status in recognition of its academic excellence by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, government of India and subsequently renamed as Karunya University.
The university grants Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) and Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in various engineering fields. Other postgraduate courses include Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Computer Application (MCA), Master of Science (M.Sc.) in various fields, Master of Arts (M.A.) in English (M.A.) and in Development Management and various integrated (five year) M.Sc. programs. The institute also offers Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) and Master of Education (M.Ed.), as well as Ph.D and M.Phil. in Engineering and Pure sciences.
School of Civil Engineering, School of Mechanical Sciences, School of Computer Sciences, School of Electrical Sciences, School of Bio-Technology & Health Sciences, Karunya University Business School, School of Science and Humanities.
The southern side of the campus houses five women's hostels. The northern section of the campus houses eight men's hostels. They accommodate more than 7000 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Sports and Games
The Evangeline Memorial South India Tournament is organized annually in mid September. Karunya is a team in all the games among the entire league of Tamil Nadu engineering colleges. 
Professional Societies Chapters
- IAESTE (International Association for Exchange of Students for Technical Expertise). Karunya is one of the two nodal points of IAESTE in India. The other being Manipal University. Interns from all over the globe come to Karunya University all throughout the year for research and technical experience. Active exchange of students happens between countries like Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Poland, Thailand, Brazil and China. Karunya hosts annual festivals in its campus for interns, like IAESTE day, on the 20th of October.
- ISTE (Indian Society For Technical Education)
- SCJP course (certification from Oracle)
- Linux course (certification from Red Hat)
- Oracle Database course (OCA)
- Networking course(Cisco systems- CCNA)
- BEC (Business English certification)
- "KEMT 2012". Retrieved 16 May 2013.