Karur Vysya Bank
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (October 2013)|
|Type||Public (BSE: 590003)|
Gold & Silver Coins, Bars
|Operating income||5126.6 million (US$82 million)(2011–2012)|
7,071(30 November 2013)
'The Karur Vysya Bank Limited', popularly known as KVB was set up in 1916 by Mr M.A Venkatarama Chettiar and Mr Athi Krishna Chettiar, to capitalise on the previously unexploited market of traders and agriculturists in and around Karur, a town in Tamil Nadu. Origins:
Though the bank started with a seed capital of 1 lakh, As with most banks, the seed capital has grown, as have the services sold. The bank is managed and guided by the Board of Directors drawn from different fields.
Realising that there is more money elsewhere, the bank expanded out of Karur and established approximately 563 branches in other States and Union Territories in order to gain a pan-India presence.
Shri K.K. Balu was appointed as an Additional Director of the Bank on 27 January 2012.
Branch and ATM Network
It has '565' Branches and network of 1558 ATM's as on 01-January-2014.
KVB total business till SEPTEMBER 2013 was around 76000 crore
- KVB markets services through multiple channels, including:
- Any Branch Banking[clarification needed]
- Multicity Account facilities
- Internet Banking
- Unlocking of Internet Banking user id through SMS.
- Online Tax Payments through Internet Banking
- On-line utility bill payments and shopping facilities
- On line Payment of Electricity Bill in Tamil Nadu (TNEB) through Net Banking
- E-Commerce facilities, utilising 'Verified by VISA'
- Mobile Banking
- Inter-bank transfer of funds through Inter-bank Mobile Payment Services of NPCI.
- Point of sale machines
- Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) and National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) facilities at all branches
- VISA and MasterCard Debit cards
- On-Line Train Ticket and Air Ticket Booking using KVB VISA Debit Card
- VISA enabled Gift and Travel Card
- Visa KVB SBI CREDIT CARD
- Card to Card and Card to account transfer of funds through KVB ATMs
- Payment of institutional fees through ATMs
- 24 X 7 toll free professional help desk services for all ATM, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking and e-commerce transactions.
- ATM Cash deposit Machine
Banking and Para Banking Services
Deposit and loan products
NRE / FCNR deposits and remittance services targeting NRIs.
General insurance policies in association with Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
Life insurance policies provided by Birla Sun Life Insurance
The distribution of Mutual Fund products of UTI, SBI MF, Reliance MF, Sundaram BNP Paribas MF, Birla Sunlife MF, Franklin Templeton MF and LIC MF
The Bank is a Depository Participant through NSDL and opens demat accounts ASBA facility available.
Off-line and on-line trading facility is available to the demat customers enabled through a tie-up with M/s Religare Securities Ltd and M/s IDBI Caps respectively.
KVB is legally authorised open accounts under the New Pension Scheme.
KVB POS terminal facility is available at merchant establishments.
KVB sells pure 24 carat Assay certified Gold Coins and bars and silver coins and bars.