Kasem Bundit University
|Kasem Bundit University(KBU)|
|Motto||Value Virtue Worthiness|
Kasem Bundit University is a private university in Thailand. Established in 1987, the university offers academic programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels. Its motto is “Value Virtue and Worthiness”.
Founded in 1987 by Mr. Kasem Suwandee, “Kasem Bundit College” consisted of 2 faculties in its first year, the Faculty of Business Administration and the Faculty of Law. In 1992, Kasem Bundit College was granted permission to become “Kasem Bundit University” by the Office of the Higher Education Commission (Ministry of University Affairs). It added more faculties, and began offering a Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.). The university offers Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology in 2006, Doctor of Philosophy in Public Policy and Management, Master of Business Administration (International Program), Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Thai for Foreigners, Bachelor of Liberal Arts in Psychology, and, with concentration on good health, Bachelor of Sports Management and Recreation Science in 2009.
Kasem Bundit University collaborates with Kansas State University, Arkansas State University, Washburn University in USA and Kent Institute of Business and Technology, in Sydney, Australia on an academic project on Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.) (English Program). The University, in addition, signed MOU for cooperation in curriculum development with many international top universities, in study of architectural design with University of Applied Sciences Neubrandenburg, Germany and collaborates with Chinese universities such as Yunnan National University, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Oxbridge College, Chuxiong Normal University, Lincang Teachers’ college, etc., cooperating in educational, lingual and cultural exchanges for students. The University also encourages studies of foreign languages and was chosen a TOEFL international testing center by ETS Educational Testing Service, a well-known institute offering a broad range of English testing service. Eagerly aiming to be a leading institute for students to enjoy spending their perfect time in the University and to take care of them utterly, Kasem Bundit University has broadened its areas, both geographically and physically, in order to facilitate educational growth and desire for being a perfect education center with comfortable learning atmosphere, gardens, stylish buildings and learning tools, laboratory buildings for Hotel and Tourism Studies, Communication Arts and Engineering, operation center of Airline Business, dormitories, sports complex center consisting of football field, swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, bowling court, fitness center, aerobic exercise room and sauna room. Kasem Bundit University has continuously set the educational management policies for more than 2 decades to encourage students to acquire knowledge, along with pursuit of happiness and academic excellence which develop them to be the qualified unit of society, thus, the University holds expectations of its graduates to be versatile, moral, intellectually and mentally capable of applying their gained knowledge to develop their careers for highest profit, living in balance with virtue to adjust themselves toward social changes, and being essential to social and national development in the future.
Resolution of the University
The resolution of Kasem Bundit University is “To shine the light of wisdom of higher education on the students for their bright future ”. With an earnest desire, Kasem Bundit University aims to perfectly perform its duty as an institute of higher education by offering knowledge, researches, academically social services and nourishment of national arts and culture to make the graduates capable with : - Value comprises knowledge and ability to think, analyze and decide - Virtue comprises ethics and conscience, respecting professional ethics - Worthiness comprises dedication to social establishment and development.
1. To indoctrinate students with responsibility toward the nation, religion and the King, encourage democracy, maintain Thailand’s nice uniqueness and culture, and instruct students to pay respect to their professional ethics.
2. To be an institute of higher education which endeavors to achieve academic excellence, making qualified graduates with high ability to work efficiently, with self-confidence and creativity to wisely analyze and solve any troubles by using their own knowledge and experiences, with responsibility toward solution on social problems, with enthusiasm to acquire knowledge, related to their careers, and with ability on self-adjustment to keep up with technological changes.
3. To provide education, encourage academic learning and advanced certificate achievement, develop on population quality, as well as increase opportunity on higher education for students graduated from secondary schools and working individuals.
4. To lessen the government’s duty on education, responding to a government policy of allowing the private sector to arrange education in compliance with the national education development plans and the national economic and social development plans
5. To conduct researches, social progress and academic services for society, directly serving and being useful for it.
Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A)
The B.B.A. Program is established with an aim to meet the requirements of the global advancement for well-trained personnel in the field of business with a strong background in cultural and linguistics of the global economy.
- Majors offered
- Business Computer
Bachelor of Arts in English for Communication (B.A.)
The B.A. in English for Communication Program is committed to developing graduates with English proficiency and skills for global communication.
Besides the four-year curriculum, the B.A. Program offers students opportunities in gaining more educational experience :
- Cooperative Education : Gaining the real-world experience at international schools, international companies or international banks
- Availability of Business Related Minors :
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Business Administration (Choose one from the three majors of B.B.A.
International Program) :
- Business Computer
Bachelor of Arts in Tourism (B.A.)Graduate Program
The International Program in Tourism offers a four-year bachelor’s degree. Its emphasis is not only on class activities, but it also involves practicum and in-depth experience with various and major tourist attractions. This enables the students to select what exactly they are interested in, whether it be tour companies, travel agencies, government tourism organizations or the international tourism organizations. Graduates will be ready for all facets of the tourism industry, locally and/or internationally.
Bachelor of Arts in Airline Management
Aviation industry has been expanding continually around the world, especially in the Asian Pacific rim. Thailand has planned to be a major Aviation Hub of Asia to respond to the demanded growth. Kasem Bundit University has realized this potential; therefore, the development of the Bachelor of Arts in Airline Management Program plays an important role in producing state-of-the-art aviation and airline resources for students with courses that focus on fundamental airline management and operational skills. Equipped with Check-In and In-Flight mock ups, including a Ticketing and Reservation Training room, the Airline Management Program requires students to complete a 200-hour training program in various airlines and/or organizations related to the airline industry. This prepares students for their future career.
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) The Master of Business Administration Program is designed to enable students to comprehend the multi-faceted business operations in the Asia-Pacific region which has an increasing role in the global economy nowadays. Programs offered:
- Managing Information System