|Elevation||3,050 ft (930 m)|
Kasenyi is a location in Western Uganda.
Kasenyi is located in Kasese District, Rwenzururu sub-region, Western Uganda. It lies within Queen Elizabeth National Park, the most visited of Uganda's national parks. The location of Kasenyi is approximately 49 kilometres (30 mi), by road, southeast of Kasese, the district headquarters, and the largest town in the sub-region. This location is on the western shores of Lake George, close to the point where the Kazinga Channel joins the lake. The coordinates of Kasenyi are: 0°01'54.0"S, 30°08'43.0"E (Latitude:-0.031667; Longitude:30.145278).
Kasenyi lies in the northeastern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park. This sector is also referred to as the Mweya - Kasenyi Sector as a contrast from the Ishasha Sector in the southwestern part of the park. The area around Kasenyi is open savannah, where Uganda Kob are the dominant mammals. Lions are frequently seen here on game drives. The Kasenyi area is best explored in the morning.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie inside or near Kasenyi:
- Kasenyi Airport - A civilian airport located at Kasenyi
- Kazinga Channel - A fresh waterway connecting Lake George and Lake Edward, 34 kilometres (21 mi) to the southwest of Kasenyi.
- Lake George - A freshwater lake in the Western Rift Valley. The lake lies entirely within Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park (QENP) - Kasenyi lies in the northeastern sector of the park. Ishasha lies in the southwestern sector of QENP, also known as the Ishasha Sector.
- "Road Distance Between Kasese And Kasenyi With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- Google, . "Location of Kasenyi, Uganda At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 19 May 2015. Check date values in:
- TRUG, . (1 January 2009). "Detailed Guide To Queen Elizabeth National Park". Traveluganda.co.ug (TRUG). Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- "Length of Kazinga Channel With Map (Ignore Road Distance)". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 19 March 2015.