|Elevation||3,050 ft (930 m)|
Kasenyi is a location in Western Uganda.
Kasenyi is located in Kasese District, Rwenzururu sub-region, Western Uganda. It lies within Queen Elizabeth National Park, the most visited of Uganda's national parks. The location of Kasenyi is approximately 48 kilometres (30 mi), by road, southeast of Kasese, the district headquarters, and the largest town in the sub-region. This location is on the western shores of Lake George, close to the point where the Kazinga Channel joins the lake. The coordinates of Kasenyi are:00 01 41S, 30 08 24E (Latitude:-0.0280; Longitude:30.1400).
Kasenyi lies in the northeastern sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park. This sector is also referred to as the Mweya/Kasenyi Sector as a contrast from the Ishasha Sector in the southwestern part of the park. The area around Kasenyi is open savannah, where Uganda Kob are the dominant mammals. Lions are frequently seen here on game drives. The Kasenyi area is best explored in the morning.
The landmarks within or near Kasenyi include:
- Kasenyi Airport - A civilian airport located at Kasenyi
- Kazinga Channel - A fresh waterway connecting Lake George and Lake Edward, 34 kilometres (21 mi) to the southwest of Kasenyi.
- Lake George - A freshwater lake in the Western Rift Valley. The lake lies entirely within Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Queen Elizabeth National Park (QENP) - Kasenyi lies in the northeastern sector of the park. Ishasha lies in the southwestern sector of QENP, also known as the Ishasha Sector.
- Kasese District
- Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Kasenyi Airport
- Lake George
- Rwenzururu sub-region
- Western Region, Uganda