Kashif (also spelled Kaashif, Kaşif, or Kashef, Arabic: کاشف) is an Arabic word, commonly used as a male given name in the Muslim world. Its meaning is close to the English words 'revealer', 'discoverer', 'uncoverer' or 'pioneer'.
When used by Muslims, it is done so in the context of its Qur'anic usage referring to God as 'the One who reveals.' When applied to an individual, it means that the person has the quality of spiritual vision. The truth is obvious to them while hidden to others. For example, in the Qur'an (Surah Al-Sajdah Chapter 32 : Verse 13), God refers to a people who have just died and suddenly see the error of their ways and the purpose of life which previously eluded them. After this realization, they ask God to send them back, as they now believe and want to do good works. Those who are 'Kashif' have that understanding before death.
- Kashif (musician) (born 1959), American musician and singer
- Kashif Ahmed (born 1975), a Pakistani and United Arab Emirates cricketer
- Kashif Khan, Pakistani stage and TV actor
- Kashif Khan, a Pakistani-Canadian singer in Canadian South Asian band The Bilz and Kashif
- Kashif Mehmood, Pakistani film actor
- Kashif Raza (born 1979), a Pakistani cricketer
- Kashif Siddiqi, (born 1986), an English-born Pakistani international footballer
- Kashif Nawaz, (born in 1986 Bhakkar,Punjab,Pakistan)
- Kashif Mumtaz, (Born in 1984,(Cost Dogar) Munshi Mohallah, Mandi Bahauddin, Accountant in Rescue 1122).
- Ibrahim al Kashif, Sudanese singer popular 1940-1956
- Mohammad Kashif (born 1984), Dutch cricketer from Punjab
- Tolga Kashif (born 1962), Turkish-Cypriot composer from London
- Kashif & Shanghai Knockout Tournament, a tournament of the Guyana football
- Kashif, village in Syria
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
((kashif ansari)) Template:Birthplace bhadohi