|Kashipur, City of Kailash
|District||Udham Singh Nagar|
|• Total||5.46 km2 (2.11 sq mi)|
|Elevation||218 m (715 ft)|
|• Density||22,000/km2 (58,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||911 ♂/♀|
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Transportation
- 4 Demographics
- 5 Places of interest
- 6 Economy
- 7 Education
- 8 References
Kashipur was known as Govishana, during the time of Harsha (606–647 AD). The ruins of the large settlement of those days can be still seen near the city. Kashipur was named after Kashinath Adhikari, the founder of the township and governor of the pargana, one of the officers of the Chand Kings of Kumaon in the 16th and 17th centuries.
Kashipur is located at  It has an average elevation of 218 metres (715 feet)..
The nearest proposed airport is 72 km away at Pantnagar. Kashipur is connected to Ramnagar, Kathgodam, Moradabad, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Mumbai, Chandigarh and Delhi by rail network. Kashipur is connected by road with all the major cities of the state and region. Delhi is about 225 km away and Haridwar is about 176 km away from Kashipur.
As per provisional data of 2011 census Kashipur had a population of 121,610, out of which males were 63,625 and females were 57,985. The literacy rate was 83.40 per cent. In Kashipur, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age. Languages spoken are Hindi, English, Kumauni, Garhwali, Urdu and Punjabi.
Places of interest
Kashipur is a door to the beautiful hills of Nainital and is located near Jim Corbett National Park famous for Indian tigers and elephants.
Drona Sagar Lake
Drona Sagar is believed to be associated with Guru Dronacharya, teacher of the Pandavas and the Kauravas in the epic Mahabharata. Many believe that the Drona Sagar was created by the Pandavas as a Guru Dakshina (fee) for Dronacharya. The Skanda Purana states that the water of Drona Sagar is as holy as that of the Ganges. The excavation site at Drona Sagar is protected by the Archaeological Survey of India.
Bhimshankar (Moteshwar) Mahadev
Maa Bal Sundari Mandir
Balsundari Mandir also known as Chaiti Mandir, is a temple in Kashipur. During March, a grand fair is held here every year which draws thousands of pilgrims.
Bhole Baba Pathari Wale Temple
This temple is situated around 10 kilometers away from Kashipur Station next to Kundeshwari in the village Dhakiya.
Gurudwara Nankana Sahib
Gurudwara Nankana Sahib, patshahi pehli is located in the city of Kashipur. It is a historical place for sikhs and is related to first Sikh Guru, Guru Nanak Dev ji.
Government recently announced several benefits to promote trade and large industrial houses such as India Glycols Ltd (IGL), HCL, Videocon have set up bases in the vicinity of this city. Also the Direct Selling Business is adopted by the people, world renowned company Amway shown its strong presence.
Kendriya Vidyalaya kashipur
|This section requires expansion. (November 2013)|
Kendriya Vidyalaya kahipur.
Udai Raj Hindu Inter College
The very famous semi government hindi medium inter college since the time started of kashipur. Very good citizen came out from this school. Many IAS, PCS, Doctors and Businessman produced here. STAR STUDIES Overseas Education services
- "रूडकी, रूद्रपुर व काषीपुर को नगर निगम बनाने की घोषणा | Himalaya Gaurav Uttarakhand". Himalayauk.org. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- History of Uttaranchal - Omacanda Hāṇḍā - Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- Kashipur town The Imperial Gazetteer of India, 1909, v. 15, p. 71.
- "Maps, Weather, Videos, and Airports for Kashipur, India". Fallingrain.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Pantnagar Airport (PGH) Details – India – World Airport Codes". World-airport-codes.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Urban Agglomerations/Cities having population 1 lakh and above". Provisional Population Totals, Census of India 2011. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "List of Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains of Uttranchal - Archaeological Survey of India". Asi.nic.in. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Gita Press, Gorakhpur". Gitapress.org. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Index". India Glycols. 2010-03-12. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Uttarakhand plans IIM at Kashipur - Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 2009-12-23. Retrieved 2013-11-08.
- "Kendriya Vidyalaya Kashipur :: Home Page". Kvkashipur.com. Retrieved 2013-11-08.