From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Kashmir mainly refers to the northwestern region of the Indian subcontinent shared by India, Pakistan, and China. It may also refer to:
- Kashmir valley, surrounded by Pir Panjal mountain ranges, between Pakistan, India and Ladakh. It is one of the 3 divisions of the Indian-administered state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kashmir and Jammu (princely state), the former princely state which came to an end in 1947.
- The Kashmir Conflict, the territorial dispute over the Kashmir region:
- Jammu and Kashmir, area of Kashmir administered by Republic of India as a state; disputed by Pakistan.
- Azad Jammu and Kashmir, areas of the Kashmir region administered by Pakistan; disputed by India.
- Trans-Karakoram Tract, an area ceded by Pakistan to China by the Sino-Pak Border Agreement in 1963; disputed by India.
- Aksai Chin, an area of disputed Kashmir region administered by China; disputed by India.
- Kashmir, Iran, a village in Hormozgan Province, Iran
- Kashmir (band), Danish rock band
- "Kashmir" (song), 1975 song by rock band Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti
- Kashmir: Symphonic Led Zeppelin, tribute album to Led Zeppelin
- "Kashmir", instrumental track by Scooter from Back to the Heavyweight Jam
- "Kashmir," song by the band Liquid Blue
- SS Kashmir, P & O liner that served as a troopship during World War 1
- HMS Kashmir, World War 2, Royal Navy destroyer
- Kashmir Solidarity Day, observed on 5 February each year since 1990 in Pakistan as a day of protest against Indian control of part of Kashmir.
- Azad Kashmir, day celebrated by Azad Jammu & Kashmir government on the day of its creation on 24 October 1947; also celebrated in the rest of Pakistan.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.