March 18, 1981 |
Teaneck, New Jersey
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (201 cm)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Teaneck (Teaneck, New Jersey)|
|College||Butler CC (1999–2001)
Texas Tech (2001–2003)
|NBA draft||2003 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2003–present|
|2004–2005||Great Lakes Storm|
|2005||New Jersey Flyers|
|2006–2007||Spartak Saint Petersburg|
|2007–2008||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|2009||Sioux Falls Skyforce|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kasib Powell (born March 18, 1981) is an American professional basketball player who is currently a free agent. Powell was born and raised in Teaneck, New Jersey, where he played basketball at Teaneck High School. He played collegiately at Butler Community College and Texas Tech University. He also enjoyed a brief career in the NBA with the Miami Heat.
Powell has played professionally in the Adriatic League, the Greek League, the Continental Basketball Association, the USBL, the Russian Superleague, the NBA D-League, the NBA, the Bosnian League, the Chinese Basketball Association and the Israeli Basketball Super League. He averaged 22.2 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game with the Sioux Falls Skyforce in the NBA D-League during the 2007-08 season and was named the league's MVP. He has also played in a number of preseason games for the Minnesota Timberwolves (2004), the Chicago Bulls (2005), the Orlando Magic (2006) and the Memphis Grizzlies (2007), but he failed to make any the teams for the NBA regular season.
Because of a depleted roster due to various injuries, the Miami Heat signed Powell to a ten-day contract in March 2008. He got his first NBA career start on March 27, 2008. On April 3, 2008, the Heat decided against signing him to a second ten-day contract, however, he was re-signed by the Heat 5 days later for the remainder of the season.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Wojnarowski, Adrian. "POWELL LEADS FOR GENERAL", The Record, March 16, 2002. Accessed April 1, 2008. "Three years ago, Kasib Powell came out of Teaneck High School too small and slight for a major conference scholarship."
- Grizzlies sign Free Agents Dontell Jefferson and Kasib Powell
- Heat adds D-League's Kasib Powell
- Injury-ravaged Heat sign F Powell
- Heat F Kasib Powell gets first career start
- Heat part ways with Powell after 10-day contract expires
- Miami re-signs F Powell
- Trikala inks former NBDL MVP Kasib Powell.
- Hapoel Holon inks American forward Kasib Powell
- NBA D-League Profile
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com
- Basketpedya.com Profile
- Kasib Powell Basketball-reference.com
- Official Kasib Powell Website