|Born||11 October 1984
Cēsis, Soviet Union
As Hendrickx's passenger he is also a three-time Belgian national sidecarcross champion, having won titles in 2008, 2009 and 2010, and the 2013 French champion.
Kaspars Liepiņš took part in sidecarcross races in the national Latvian championship from 2003, at first as passenger for U. Zvaigznitis, and, from 2004, on the side of Karlis Leimanis.
Kaspars Liepiņš made his world championship debut on 9 April 2007, in the first race of the season, alongside fellow Latvian Karlis Leimanis. In their first race, they finished only 26th but managed to win three points in race two of the event, the Dutch GP at Oldebroek. The duo took part in the first four of eight events that season, with a sixteenth place their best result and an overall finish of 33rd.
The 2009 season was initially dominated by Daniël Willemsen, who had won the previous six world championships. When Willemsen missed a number of races because of injury, Jan Hendrickx took the lead in the competition. At the German GP at Strassbessenbach, Hendrickx/Liepiņš took out their first race win and also their first Grand Prix victory. With one event, the GP at Rudersberg, to go, Joris Hendrickx and Kaspars Liepins were 13 points behind the leaders Jan Hendrickx / Tim Smeuninx, in second place, but the leading combination suffered an engine defect in round four of the first race in Germany and lost all its advantage. A win and a second place in the last event earned the Belgian / Latvian combination the world title, with Joris Hendrickx becoming only the second Belgian to do so, after Sven Verbrugge, and the first Belgian driver to record this achievement. Kaspars Liepiņš, in turn, is the fourth Latvian with world championship honours in the sport.
The Belgian-Latvian combination Hendrickx-Liepins suffered a season-ending injury at the qualifying of the German Grand Prix in July 2011, being able to compete in the race but requiring surgery afterwards. Consequently, the team only finished ninth in the overall standings at the end of the season.
The team was able to complete the 2012 season without injury and finished fourth in the world championship, 83 points behind Daniël Willemsen who won his tenth title. In November 2012, Joris Hendrickx retired from the sport, initially leaving Liepiņš to look for a new team. Despite his announced retirement, Hendrickx still took part in non-GP sidecarcross races together with Liepiņš, the pair winning the evennt in Muri, Switzerland in 2013. Hendrickx also declared that he would start at the Belgian and French GP's in 2013, but did not compete in either event. Instead, Hendrickx and Liepiņš raced the French national championship which they won.
Season by season
Kaspars Liepiņš sidecarcross world championship statistics:
|Overall 2007 - 2012||2,131||124||11||30||23|
Source:"The worldwide source for information about the wild sport of Sidecar Motocross racing". Retrieved 2009-09-25.
- Passengers in italics.
- Champions: (1) 2009
- Runners-up: (1) 2010
- Champions: (3) 2008, 2009, 2010
- Champions: (1) 2013
- Joris Hendrickx official website accessed: 14 September 2009
- Joris Hendrickx is wereldkampioen zijspancross (Dutch), nieuwsblad.be, published: 13 September 2009, accessed: 14 September 2009
- SIDECAR CROSS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS LATVIA The John Davy Pages, accessed: 25 September 2009
- Sidecarcross.com accessed: 25 September 2009
- Rudersberg schreibt Geschichte (German), Race report for the last event in 2009, accessed: 25 September 2009
- Sidecarcross world championship standings 2009 FIM website, accessed: 14 September 2009
- Seitenwagen-WM: Saisonende für Joris Hendrickx (German) Speedweek, published: 29 July 2011, accessed: 8 August 2011
- JORIS HENDRICKX STOPT MET SIDECARCROSS! (Dutch) www.sidecarcross.be, published: 10 November 2012, accessed: 4 January 2013
- MX-Gespanne Muri: Bürgler von Hendrickx besiegt (German) Speedweek, published: 22 May 2013, accessed: 30 May 2013
- MX-Gespanne: Joris Hendrickx tritt kürzer (German) Speedweek, published: 12 November 2012, accessed: 30 May 2013
- 2013 France national sidecarcross championship accessed: 16 October 2013
- Official website
- Blakusvāģi: Kaspars Liepiņš - pasaules čempions Article on the championship-winning race in 2009 (Latvian)
- The World Championship on Sidecarcross.com
- The John Davey Grand Prix Pages - Results of all GP's up until 2005
|Sidecarcross World Champion (passenger)
|Belgian national sidecarcross champion (passenger)
|French national sidecarcross champion (passenger)