|Full name||Kasper Woldemar Hämäläinen|
|Date of birth||8 August 1986|
|Place of birth||Turku, Finland|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 14 April 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Kasper Woldemar Hämäläinen (born 8 August 1986), is a Finnish professional football attacking midfielder who plays for Polish Ekstraklasa side Lech Poznań and represents Finland national team. Hämäläinen was born in Turku, Finland where he started his senior career in TPS before moving to Djurgården.
Born in Turku, he started his career in his hometown club TPS. In June 2008, Portuguese Primeira Liga club C.D. Nacional was keen to sign him, but he was said to be too expensive. He has visited Italian clubs Roma, Lazio, Udinese and Siena. NEC has also shown interest. After the 2008 season, he was near a move to an unnamed Italian club but he chose to stay in Turku to secure play time in the first team.
In December 2009, it was announced that Swedish club Djurgården had acquired him. "Kasper" as his shirt says became a star in the Djurgården-shirt and started all the 30 league games in Allsvenskan during both the 2010 and 2011 season. During his two first season he played as a central midfielder besides his fellow country man Daniel Sjölund. In the 2012 pre-season Djurgården manager Magnus Pehrsson tried Hämäläinen in a more offensive role as a trequista. Hämäläinen did it so well that the move became permanent.
However in January 2013, it was announced that Hämäläinen had signed a three-year contract with Polish top-flight side Lech Poznań. The transfer fee was never made public, but it was believed to be around €250.000  On 24 February, he scored on his debut in a 4−0 away win over Ruch Chorzów. Hämäläinen gained 14 caps during the spring season of 2013 out of which he was in the starting eleven 12 times. In those 14 matches he scored three goals. Lech Poznan won silver medals and made it to UEFA Europa League qualifications for the next season.
Hämäläinen was part of the Finnish U17 team that represented in the 2003 U17 World Cup held in Finland. He was a regular member of the Finland U21 team that qualified to the 2009 U21 European Championship held in Sweden and played in all Finland's three matches.
He made his national team debut on 19 November 2008 against Switzerland when Stuart Baxter chose him to the starting line up for a match played in St. Gallen. Hämäläinen scored his first international goal on 17 November 2010 against San Marino as he scored a brace in the 8–0 home victory.
- 2012 Baltic Cup Runner-up
- As of match played 5 September 2014.
- As of 24 March 2015
|Finland national team|
- Turun Sanomat
- "Kasper Hämäläinen till DIF" (in Swedish). dif.se. 2009-12-30. Retrieved 2009-12-30.
- Kasper Hämäläinen pelaa jatkossa Puolan hulluimpien fanien edessä (Kasper Hämäläinen will be playing in front of the craziest fans of Poland); 29.1.2013; Iltasanomat.fi (Finnish)
- Finland vs Switzerland (Finnish)
- "Sveitsi kaatoi Suomen St. Gallenissa" (in Finnish). YLE Urheilu. 19 November 2008. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- "Kasper Hämäläinen" (in Finnish). palloliitto.fi. Retrieved 26 March 2015.
- Kasper Hämäläinen at Lech Poznań (Polish) (English)
- Kasper Hämäläinen – UEFA competition record
- Kasper Hämäläinen – FIFA competition record
- Kasper Hämäläinen career statistics at Soccerbase
- Kasper Hämäläinen at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Kasper Hämäläinen at National-Football-Teams.com