Kaspichan Municipality within Bulgaria and Shumen Province.
|Admin. centre (Obshtinski tsentar)||Kaspichan|
|• Total||279 km2 (108 sq mi)|
|Population (December 2009)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
The municipality embraces a territory of 279 km² with a population of 8,871 inhabitants, as of December 2009. The area is crossed from east to west by the eastern operating section of Hemus motorway which is planned to connect the port of Varna with the country capital – Sofia.
Kaspichan Municipality includes the following 9 places (towns are shown in bold):
|Zlatna niva||Златна нива||587|
The following table shows the change of the population during the last four decades.
|Sources: Census 2001, Census 2011, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,|
According to the 2011 census, among those who answered the optional question on ethnic identification, the ethnic composition of the municipality was the following:
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants - December 2009
- (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian Settlements 1000-5000 inhabitants - December 2009
- National Statistical Institute - Census 2001
- "Population of Bulgarian divisions". Pop-stat.mashke.org. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- Official website (Bulgarian)