Gerboldt at the 2008 NHK Trophy
|Full name||Katarina Alexandrovna Gerboldt|
28 March 1989 |
Leningrad, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union
|Height||1.63 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Former partner||Alexander Enbert|
|Former coach||Artur Dmitriev, Oksana Kazakova, Tamara Moskvina, Svetlana Sokolovskaya, Tatiana Mishina, Alexei Mishin, Anna Sedelkova|
|Former choreographer||Ilia Averbukh, Natalia Bestemianova, Igor Bobrin, Anna Sysoeva, Tatiana Druchinina, Valerii Pecherski, Anna Bilibina, Irina Zhuk|
|Former training locations||Moscow|
Katarina Alexandrovna Gerboldt (Russian: Катарина Александровна Гербольдт; born 28 March 1989) is a Russian figure skater. In single skating, her best result at an ISU Championship was sixth at the 2009 European Championships. In 2010, she switched to pair skating, teaming up with Alexander Enbert. They appeared at one ISU Championship, the 2011 European Championships where they placed fourth. She is currently teamed up with Brian Joubert of France.
Gerboldt became interested in figure skating at the age of six. Gerboldt denied the assertion that her parents named her "Katarina" in honor of Katarina Witt, and stated that her parents had indeed wanted her to become a sportswoman, but not specifically a figure skater.
The 2008-09 season was a turning point in Gerboldt's career. She won the bronze medal at the 2009 Russian Championships and, as both the gold and silver medalists Adelina Sotnikova and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva were too young to participate in international competition, was named to the European Championships team. She placed sixth, skating with a drainage in her nose due to sinusitis. She was coached by Tatiana Mishina and Alexei Mishin in Saint Petersburg until 2009 when she moved to CSKA Moscow and began working with Svetlana Sokolovskaya.
After an unsuccessful 2009–10 season, Tatiana Druchinina suggested to Gerboldt that she switch to pair skating. Gerboldt moved back to Saint Petersburg, where coaches Tamara Moskvina and Artur Dmitriev asked her to try out with Alexander Enbert, whom she knew since childhood. The new partnership was announced in March 2010.
During the 2010–11 season, Gerboldt/Enbert made their international debut at the 2010 Cup of Nice, which they won. They finished fourth at the 2010 Cup of Russia, their sole 2010-11 Grand Prix event. At the 2011 Russian Nationals, they placed fourth in the short program and fifth in the long, to finish fourth overall. As Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov were ineligible to compete at the 2011 European Championships, Gerboldt/Enbert were named in2 the team for the event. They placed fifth in the short program with a new personal best score of 57.50, fourth in the free program, also with a new personal best (112.45), and finished fourth overall with 169.95 points, their best combined total.
In the 2011–12 season, Gerboldt/Enbert competed in one Grand Prix event, the 2011 Cup of Russia. In 2012–13, they were assigned to Skate Canada but withdrew due to injury – Gerboldt tore a ligament. She underwent surgery on August 2 – a week after the injury – and on October 3. Coached by Oleg Vasiliev, Gerboldt/Enbert returned to competition in the 2013–14 season but split in April 2014.
Pairs with Enbert
|Season||Short program||Free skating||Exhibition|
|Season||Short program||Free skating|
Pair skating with Enbert
|GP Cup of Russia||4th||5th|
|GP Skate Canada||WD|
|Cup of Nice||1st||2nd|
|GP = Grand Prix; WD = Withdrew|
|GP Cup of Russia||10th||10th|
|GP NHK Trophy||12th|
|Triglav Trophy||2nd J.|
|GP = Grand Prix; J. = Junior level; WD = Withdrew
T = Team result; P = Personal result
- Golgopolov, Nikolai (2009-09-16). Вышла в прокат. Катарина Гербольдт мечтает повторить подвиги Катарины Витт (in Russian). Rossiyskaya Gazeta. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Kondakova, Anna (2009-01-24). "2009 European Figure Skating Championships - Ladies Short Program and Free Dance". Golden Skate. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Фигуристка Гербольдт верит, что смена тренера улучшит ее результаты (in Russian). Mail.ru. 2009-10-24. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- Konova, Ekaterina (2010-08-24). Фигуристка Катарина Гербольдт: "После интриг одиночного катания мне уже ничего не страшно" [Figure skater Katarina Gerboldt : "After the intrigues of single skating I have nothing to fear"] (in Russian). gzt.ru. Retrieved 2010-09-03.
- Simonenko, Andrei (2010-11-04). Фигуристка Гербольдт: на ЧР попробуем показать максимум возможностей [Skater Gerboldt: We will try to show our best at the Russian Championships] (in Russian). RIA Novosti. Retrieved 2010-11-11.
- Mironova, Valeria (2010-03-29). Тамара Москвина: я не сторонница кардинального сноса голов [Tamara Moskvina: I do not support a cardinal demolition of goals] (in Russian). Kommersant. Retrieved 2010-03-29.
- Simonenko, Andrei (2012-09-13). Фигуристы Гербольдт/Энберт пропустят все турниры 2012 года - Москвина [Moskvina: Figure skaters Gerboldt/Enbert will not compete in 2012]. RIA Novosti / rsport.ru (in Russian).
- Simonenko, Andrei (2012-10-03). Фигуристка Гербольдт начинает восстановление после успешной операции [Figure skater Gerboldt begins recovery after successful surgery]. RIA Novosti / rsport.ru (in Russian).
- Sovetova, Veronika (2012-10-27). Российская фигуристка Катарина Гербольдт возобновила тренировки после травмы [Russian figure skater Katarina Gerboldt has resumed training after injury]. ITAR-TASS (in Russian). Archived from the original on 2012-11-29.
- "Oleg Vasiliev project Gerboldt / Joubert challenge for me - I really wonder". 12 July 2014.
- Karelova, Valentina (2012-05-15). «Москвиной советовали не связываться с Авербухом, но она не послушала» ["Moskvina was advised not to work with Averbukh but she did not listen"]. Izvestia (in Russian).
- "Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT: 2011/2012". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 19 April 2012.
- "Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT: 2010/2011". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 26 October 2010.
- "Katarina GERBOLDT: 2009/2010". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 15 August 2011.
- "Katarina GERBOLDT: 2008/2009". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 14 July 2009.
- "Katarina GERBOLDT: 2007/2008". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 14 May 2008.
- "Katarina GERBOLDT: 2005/2006". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 10 April 2006.
- "Competition Results: Katarina GERBOLDT / Alexander ENBERT". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 1 May 2014.
- "Competition Results: Katarina GERBOLDT". International Skating Union. Archived from the original on 13 October 2012.
Media related to Katarina Gerboldt at Wikimedia Commons