||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2010)|
The Screen Savers
She began her television career in 1998 co-hosting the technology-oriented television program The Screen Savers alongside Leo Laporte. In 1999, Botello and Laporte were described as "the two most popular personalities on the only 24-hour national cable channel devoted exclusively to computers and the Internet". When the pair appeared at a promotional event in York, Pennsylvania that year: "Geeks swarmed the local electronics store where Kate Botello and Leo Laporte were signing autographs. Security had to be called to help guide the two computer advice experts to their car."
Judy Garland impersonation
Botello left TechTV in 2002 and moved to Brooklyn, New York where she worked on Broadway as a freelance actor, singer and playwright. In her time there, she starred Off-Broadway as Judy Garland in the cabaret musical, Judy Garland and the Uninvited Company and the annual holiday musical, Judy's Christmas Garland. The cabaret show later toured other cities. A critic wrote that "Botello nails Garland's familiar speaking voice, singing voice and facial expressions". 
Web design and podcast
In June 2011, Botello began hosting Weird News Radio, a weekly audio podcast focusing on weird news, with Jim Harold. She is also on the air from 7 to 10 AM Eastern on "Classical IPR", part of Interlochen, Michigan-based Interlochen Public Radio - WIAA (FM) in Interlochen Michigan.
- Hunt, Dennis (November 30, 1999). "Technology's the star on ZDTV: The nation's fastest-growing cable network doesn't rate with Nielsen but clicks with Web". USA Today (McLean, Virginia). pp. 03.D. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- "GEEK TV: ITS TARGET AUDIENCE LOVES CABLE STATION ZDTV, WHICH COMBINES THE IMMEDIACY OF TELEVISION WITH THE IMPROVISATION OF THE WEB". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. June 13, 1999. pp. C3. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- Damiano, Mary (March 8, 2007). "TWO ACTRESSES DEFTLY STRING TOGETHER GARLAND'S LIFE". South Florida Sun. Retrieved September 2, 2013.
- A Fond Farewell From Kate Botello
- Kate Botello at the Internet Movie Database
- Traverse City Web Design
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|