Fox is the daughter of anthropologist Robin Fox. As a child she lived in the UK, the United States, France, and Ireland. She studied for an undergraduate degree in anthropology and philosophy at Cambridge University. In 1989 she became co-director of MCM Research Ltd., and continues to provide consulting services. She is now a co-director of the Social Issues Research Centre, based in Oxford, England.
Fox has written a number of books. Her titles include:
- Marsh, Peter; Kate Fox Kibby (1992). Drinking and Public Disorder: A Report of Research Conducted for the Portman Group by MCM Research. Portman Group. ISBN 978-0-9518762-0-6.
- Kate Fox (1993). Pubwatching with Desmond Morris. Alan Sutton. ISBN 978-0-7509-0532-9.
- Kate Fox (1996). Passport to the Pub: The Tourist's Guide to Pub Etiquette. Brewers and Licensed Retailers Association. ISBN 978-1-899344-09-3.
- Kate Fox (7 Oct 1999). The Racing Tribe: Watching the Horsewatchers. Metro Books. ISBN 978-0-7658-0838-7.
- Kate Fox (2004). The Flirting Report. The Social Issues Research Center.
- Kate Fox (2004). Watching the English: the hidden rules of English behaviour. Hodder & Stoughton. ISBN 0-340-81886-7.
In this book, Fox does an anthropological analysis by conducting experiments and uses participant observation to discover the unwritten rules that makes an English person English. She tries to explain the cultural norms of the English, which are seen as peculiar by people who aren't English. 
- "Kate Fox: Behaviour sleuth". Independent (London).
- "Kate Fox bio at MCM Research". MCM Research. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "About MCM Research". MCM Research. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- "SIRC bio of Kate Fox".
- Fox, K. (2008). Watching the English the Hidden Rules of English Behaviour. (pp. 1-2, 10, 17). London, UK: Nicholas Brealey Publishing.
- Fox, Kate (11 October 2011). "Viewpoint: Is the alcohol message all wrong?". BBC News. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- Langley, William (1 October 2011). "Why we always warm to the weather". Telegraph. Retrieved 11 February 2012.
- Sands, Sarah (9 May 2004). "How to be English". Telegraph (London). Retrieved 2004.
- Catherine Bennett (24 July 2004). "The awkward squad". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 May 2011. Criticism of Fox's work, particularly her book, Watching the English.
- Kate Fox's biography at the SIRC web site
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|