Garraway at a gala screening of Turbo in London, November 2013
|Born||Kathryn Mary Garraway
4 May 1967
Abingdon-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England
|Notable credit(s)||Television presenting:
The Biggest Loser (2009)
The National Lottery Draws (2014—)
Good Morning Britain (2014—)
Smooth Radio (2014—)
|Spouse(s)||Ian Rumsey (m. 1998–2002)
Derek Draper (m. 2005)
|Children||Darcey (b. 2006)
William/Billy (b. 2009)
Garraway presents a mid-morning show on Smooth Radio on weekdays as well as the ITV Breakfast programme Good Morning Britain on Mondays and Tuesday as a newsreader, followed by a main co-host on Wednesdays and Fridays. Garraway was in February 2015 Charlotte Hawkins' maternity cover. Previously, she hosted various episodes of the Good Morning Britain's' predecessor Daybreak from 2010 until its axe in April 2014. She was also a regular co-presenter on the earlier programme GMTV between 2000 and 2010.
Garraway's father was a civil servant and her mother was a teacher. She attended Dunmore Primary School and Fitzharrys School in Abingdon. She then graduated from Bath College of Higher Education with a BA in English and History.
In 1994, Garraway joined the South edition of ITV News Central on ITV Central as a production journalist, reporter and news presenter. In 1996, she became co-presenter of the South East edition of ITV News Meridian on ITV Meridian, she was "talent spotted" by a boss who viewed Garraway presenting a three-minute bulletin on ITV Central.
Garraway joined GMTV in September 2000 co-presenting GMTV Today with Andrew Castle each Fridays (and Thursdays later on). Garraway eventually went on to share presenting duties with Fiona Phillips and Emma Crosby. In 2009, when GMTV relaunched, she co-hosted the programme with Ben Shephard, presenting on Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesdays. During Garraway's time at GMTV, she had also co-presented with Eamonn Holmes, John Stapleton, Emma Crosby and Dan Lobb. She presented her final show on 31 August 2010.
She became entertainment editor of Daybreak on ITV Breakfast (the successor of GMTV) in September 2010. On 6 December 2011, she took over from Christine Bleakley as the main presenter on an interim basis. On 4 May 2012, it was announced Lorraine Kelly would become the permanent replacement for Bleakley in September 2012. On 3 August 2012, it was revealed that Garraway had signed a new contract to present each Friday in Kelly's absence. On 15 February 2014, it was announced Kelly would additionally front the Friday edition of Lorraine.
On 3 March 2014, it was revealed that Daybreak would be axed and replaced with Good Morning Britain which Garraway currently co-presents on Thursday mornings, beginning on 15 May. However, with these changes, came the news that Lorraine Kelly would be presenting Lorraine five days a week, meaning that Garraway no longer continued to present Kelly's show on Fridays. She hosted her final Daybreak and Lorraine shows on 25 April 2014 ahead of joining Good Morning Britain the following month, although Garraway still remains a stand-in presenter on Lorraine hosting her first show on 26 May.
Strictly Come Dancing
Garraway appeared in the fifth series of Strictly Come Dancing, partnered with professional dancer Anton du Beke. Garraway finished 8th of the 14 couples despite receiving the lowest score from the judges in every week but one, as she was repeatedly saved by the public vote, prior to her elimination in week seven.
In February 2008, Garraway launched legal action against the Sunday Mirror after it published a photograph of her embracing du Beke, insinuating that they were having an affair, which the pair both denied.
|2||Quickstep / "Love Machine"||2||4||5||4||15||Safe|
|3||Tango / "They"||4||5||5||5||19||Safe|
|4||Samba / "Dancing Queen"||3||3||6||4||16||Safe|
|5||Foxtrot / "I Could Write a Book"||5||7||7||7||26||Safe|
|6||Salsa / "Peanut Vendor"||3||4||6||5||18||Safe|
|7||Paso Doble / "Somebody Told Me"||4||5||7||5||21||Eliminated|
On 18 and 19 August 2012, Garraway co-presented two episodes of 'Weekend Breakfast' (with Colin Paterson). Over the weekend of 8 September, Garraway again presented 'Weekend Breakfast' with Colin Patterson On 6 October 2013, she stood in for Andrew Castle for a show on LBC Radio.
Garraway married Ian Rumsey, her former boss at ITV Meridian east, in her hometown of Abingdon, Oxfordshire in 1998. They divorced in April 2002.
In September 2005, Garraway married Derek Draper in Camden, London. Draper was a political aide to former Labour cabinet minister Peter Mandelson, and was at the centre of the scandal known as 'Lobbygate'. The couple's first child, Darcey Mary Draper, a baby girl, was born in Hammersmith and Fulham, London, on 10 March 2006.
According to a report in the Daily Mail, Garraway built an extension to her home without planning permission from the local council. She attempted to put in a retrospective planning application but it failed to appease them and was told to scale down the extension to her North London home.
|2003—||Loose Women||Stand-in anchor||2003 (1 episode), 2004 (3 episodes), 2006 (4 episodes), 2009 (1 episode), 2013 (1 episode), 2014 (2 episodes)|
|Guest Panellist||1 episode (2003), 2 episodes (2004)|
|2004||Too Many Cooks||Presenter||All|
|2005||This Morning||Guest Presenter||1|
|2007||Strictly Come Dancing||Participant|
|The People's Quiz||Questioner||All|
|2009||The Biggest Loser||Presenter||Series 3 (40 episodes)|
|2010-14||Daybreak||Presenter||Entertainment Editor (2010-11)|
|Acting Monday—Friday presenter (2011-12)|
|Friday presenter (2012-14)|
|2010—||Lorraine||Presenter||Guest presenter (2010-11, 2014—)|
|Friday presenter (2012-14)|
|2014—||The National Lottery Draws||Presenter||Since 1 February|
|Good Morning Britain||Presenter||Thursdays|
- Have I Got News for You (12 December 2003) - Panellist
- The Wright Stuff (2003) - Panellist
- 8 Out of 10 Cats (5 August 2005) - Panellist
- Celebrity Stars in Their Eyes (1 April 2006) - Contestant, as Nancy Sinatra
- The F Word (2008)
- Shooting Stars (2008)
- As Seen on TV (23 July 2009) - Guest
- Wall of Fame (17, 24 June, 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 July, 5, 12, 19 August 2011)
- Celebrity Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (19 December 2011) - Contestant
- All Star Family Fortunes (14 April 2012) - Contestant
- Pointless Celebrities (24 November 2012, 1 November 2014, 25 April 2015) - Contestant
- Paddy's 2012 Show & Telly (22 December 2012) - Participant
- This Morning (11, 25 October, 15, 22, 29 November 2012) - News Reviewer
- Celebrity Juice (10 October 2013) - Panellist
- Tricked (17 October 2013) - Guest
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (28 December 2013) - Contestant
- The Guess List (17 May 2014) - Guest
- Celebrity Fifteen to One (6 June 2014) - Contestant
- Daybreak Press Pack ITV.com, 31 August 2010
- Daily Mail Weekend Interview. 25 August 2012, p6
- Adrian Chiles, Christine Bleakley to leave 'Daybreak' on Monday? Daniel Sperling, Digital Spy, 2 December 2011
- New presenters announced for ITV's Daybreak ITV News, 4 May 2012
- Lorraine Kelly and Aled Jones unveiled as the new hosts of Daybreak Digital Spy, 4 May 2012
- Daybreak Kate's 'special offer' website dream turns sour Richard Kay, Daily Mail, 3 August 2012
- Lorraine Kelly to leave Daybreak but stay with ITV after striking bumper new deal Piers Eady, The Mirror, 15 February 2014
- Lorraine Kelly leaving Daybreak to front her own show full time Radio Times, 15 February 2014
- Susanna Reid quits BBC for ITV as Daybreak is axed BBC News, 3 March 2014
- Strictly Come Dancing (series 5)
- Garraway to sue Sunday Mirror The Guardian, 12 February 2008
- BBC Radio 5Live - Weekend Breakfast - Episodes by date, August 2012 BBC 5Live, 18 August 2012
- Simon Bates parts company with Smooth Radio John Plunkett, The Guardian, 24 February 2014
- PM attacked over lobbyists BBC News, 8 July 1998
- Marriages and Births England and Wales 1837–2006 Findmypast.co.uk
- "More woe for GMTV's Kate Garraway as parking officials crush her car". Daily Mail (London). 18 August 2007.
-  l
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kate Garraway.|
- Kate Garraway - Good Morning Britain at itv.com
- Kate Garraway on Smooth Radio
- Kate Garraway on Twitter
- Kate Garraway at the Internet Movie Database