Kate Henshaw at the African Movie Academy Awards in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State, Nigeria, 2008
July 19, 1971
Cross River State, Nigeria
Henshaw was born in Cross River State, Nigeria, the oldest of four children. After completing her primary and secondary school in Lagos and Calabar, she spent one year at the University of Calabar reading remedial studies, and then majored in Medical Microbiology at the School of Medical Lab Science, LUTH (Lagos University Teaching Hospital) in Lagos. Henshaw worked at the Bauchi State General hospital.
In 1993 Henshaw auditioned for the lead role in the movie When the Sun Sets and was handed the role. This was her first appearance in a major Nollywood movie. Henshaw has starred in over 40 Nollywood movies.
- Ige, Victoria (6 July 2011). "Kate Henshaw is 40!". Nigerian Entertainment Today (Lagos, Nigeria). Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Profile of Henshaw-Nuttall at her Website". Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- "2012: A Dramatic Year For Nigerian Artistes". P.M. News (Lagos, Nigeria). 28 December 2012. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- "AMAA 2008: List of Nominees and Winners". Retrieved 16 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Filmography at IMDB". Retrieved 2009-10-08.
- Nigeria's Got Talent
|This article about a Nigerian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|