Katherine Evelyn Heyhoe (born April 9, 1955) is an American editor and food writer.
Heyhoe was born in Los Angeles, California. She is a graduate of the University of Texas, where she received her Master's Degree from the Department of Radio-Television-Film.
She has been a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) since 1994, when she co-founded the electronic Gourmet Guide, one of the first websites dedicated to food and cooking. In 1995 she developed food sites for America Online and in 1996 launched The Global Gourmet website at www.globalgourmet.com. The electronic Gourmet Guide merged into the Global Gourmet in 1998. She is currently Executive Editor of The Global Gourmet and writes a monthly food column about culinary topics.
Heyhoe currently lives in the Hill Country of Central Texas.
Heyhoe has authored eight books:
- Cooking Green: Reducing Your Carbon Footprint in the Kitchen the New Green Basics Way (Lifelong Books, Perseus Books Group, 2009)
- Great Bar Food at Home Nominated for a 2008 James Beard Foundation Book Award in the "Entertaining" Category. (John Wiley & Sons, 2007)
- The Stubbs Bar-B-Q Cookbook (John Wiley & Sons, 2007)
- A World Atlas of Food (McGraw-Hill, 2006)
- Macho Nachos: 50 Toppings, Salsas, and Spreads for Irresistible Snacks and Light Meals (Clarkson Potter, 2003)
- Harvesting the Dream: The Rags-to-Riches Tale of the Sutter Home Winery (with Stanley Hock, John Wiley & Sons, 2003)
- A Chicken in Every Pot: Global Recipes for the World's Most Popular Bird (Capital Books, 2003)
- Cooking with Kids for Dummies (IDG Books, 1999)