|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 50B district
|Preceded by||Char Samuelson|
May 15, 1981 |
New Brighton, Minnesota
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party|
|Residence||New Brighton, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||University of Oslo
University of Chicago
|Religion||Evangelical Covenant Church|
Katherine "Kate" Knuth (born May 15, 1981) is a Minnesota politician and a member of the Minnesota House of Representatives, representing District 50B, which includes portions of the cities of New Brighton, Arden Hills, Fridley and Shoreview in Anoka and Ramsey counties, which are part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Knuth, a Democrat, was first elected in 2006 and was one of the youngest representatives to serve in the 85th Legislature. She won the seat vacated by retiring Rep. Char Samuelson. In the legislature, many of her authored bills have dealt with improvements to infrastructure. She was reelected in 2008 and 2010.
Knuth has degrees from the University of Chicago and Oxford University, and attended the University of Oslo on a Fulbright Scholarship. Her father, Daniel Knuth, served in the Minnesota House for three terms from 1983 to 1989.
- 2006 Race for Minnesota State House - District 50B
- Kate Knuth (Democratic-Farmer-Labor) 9025 (53.67%)
- Lori Grivna (Republican) 7769 votes (46.20%)
- 2008 Race for Minnesota State House - District 50B
- Kate Knuth (Democratic-Farmer-Labor) 11,966 (57%)
- Lori Grivna (Republican) 9183 votes (43%)
- 2010 Race for Minnesota State House - District 50B
- Kate Knuth (Democratic-Farmer-Labor) 8455 (52.4%)
- Russ Bertsch (Republican) 7667 votes (47.51%)
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Knuth, Katherine". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Samuelson, Char". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Katherine 'Kate' Knuth - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Election Reporting: State Representative District 50B". Minnesota Secretary of State. Retrieved May 26, 2007.
- "2008 Election:Minnesota House". Star Tribune. 2008-11-05. p. B4. Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- Kate Knuth at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Knuth's House Profile
- Star Tribune Candidate Profile: Kate Knuth
- Project Votesmart Profile: Rep. Kate Knuth
- Kate Knuth's Campaign Website
- Kate Knuth on Twitter
- Kate Knuth on Facebook
|This article about a Minnesota politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|