Kate L. Turabian
Kate Larimore Turabian (born Laura Kate Larimore) (February 26, 1893 – October 25, 1987) was an American educator who is best known for her book A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. In 2013 the University of Chicago Press published the 8th edition of the book. The University of Chicago Press estimates that the various editions of this book have sold more than 8 million copies since its publication in 1937.
Turabian was the graduate school dissertation secretary at the University of Chicago from 1930 to 1958. The school required her approval for every master's thesis and doctoral dissertation. The various editions of her style guide present and closely follow the University of Chicago Press's Manual of Style ("Chicago style").
Her Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations and its associated style are referred to as "Turabian".
See also 
- "Who Was Kate Turabian?" (from the University of Chicago Press website for Turabian, et al.).
- See, e.g., reference to "Turabian footnotes" and to the parethetical explanation following the title of the book–"(known simply as 'Turabian')"– in "Citing Sources within Your Paper", part of online research guides provided by Duke University Library. Web. Retrieved on March 11, 2009.
Further reading 
- Turabian, Kate L., et al. A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. 6th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996. ISBN 0-226-81627-3. [6th ed. (1996) rev. by John Grossman and Alice Bennett; 2001 publication is the 4th printing of the 6th ed. and is listed as by Kate L. Turabian and John Grossman.
- –––. A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations. 7th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2007. ISBN 0-226-82336-9 (10). ISBN 978-0-226-82336-2 (13). ISBN 0-226-82337-7 (10). ISBN 978-0-226-82337-9 (13). OCLC 70866962. [This 7th ed. lists Kate L. Turabian as author (WorldCat). See "Notes: 'Portions of this book have been adapted from The Craft of Research, 2nd edition, by Wayne C. Booth, Gregory G. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams, 1995, 2003 by The University of Chicago; and from The Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, 1982, 1993, 2003 by The University of Chicago'--T.p. verso" (WorldCat).]
- Turabian, Kate L., Student's Guide to Writing College Papers. 4th ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2010. ISBN 978-0-226-81630-2. [4th ed. (2010) rev. by Gregory G. Colomb, Joseph M. Williams, and the University of Chicago Press Editorial Staff.
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers – Dedicated webpage at the University of Chicago Press; includes "Who was Kate Turabian?"
- "eTurabian Citation Generator" at eturabian.com ("Copyright © 1999 - 2009 by Eksendia, LLC. All Rights Reserved.")