Kate del Castillo
|Kate del Castillo|
|Born||Kate del Castillo Negrete Trillo
October 23, 1972
Mexico City, Mexico
|Spouse(s)||Luis García (2001–2004)
Aarón Díaz (2009–2011)
|Parent(s)||Eric del Castillo
|Relatives||Veronica del Castillo (sister)
Ponciano del Castillo (half-brother)
She made her acting debut in 1978 when she took part in a film called The Last Escape. She became well known in 1991 when she starred as Leticia in Muchachitas, a telenovela airing in several Latin American countries, as well as in La Reina del Sur for the Telemundo network and in other telenovelas as a leading actress
In 2002 and 2003, she embarked on an international tour alongside Argentinian actor Saul Lisazo with the play Cartas de Amor (Love Letters). In November 2007, she was named one of the "Stars of the Year" and in 2011 one of the "25 most influential women" and "50 most beautiful" by People en Español magazine. In 2009, del Castillo was appointed Ambassador for the Mexican Commission on Human Rights and the following year she helped launch the Blue Heart Campaign in order to raise awareness and fight human trafficking.
Del Castillo was born in Mexico City, Mexico. She is the daughter of Kate Trillo and Eric del Castillo, a legend of the Mexican cinema's golden era and a soap opera actor himself. Del Castillo also has two other siblings; a sister Verónica, and a half-brother Ponciano, from her father's side. On February 3, 2001, she married football player Luis García. The marriage was dissolved on September 1, 2004. Del Castillo lives in Los Angeles. On August 22, 2005, it was reported by the LAPD that del Castillo's new house, in Los Angeles, had been broken into by thieves, who took some jewelry from the actress. del Castillo was in Los Angeles filming Bordertown, a film about the deaths in Ciudad Juárez, alongside Jennifer Lopez, when the robbery occurred. In August 2009, del Castillo married Aarón Díaz in a Las Vegas ceremony. On July 26, 2011, it was announced that Kate and Díaz were separating.
On January 9, 2012 Del Castillo posted controversial support for drug trafficker Chapo Guzman on her Twextra page, stating "Today I believe more in the Chapo Guzmán [than in] government that hides painful truths from me, who hide the cure for cancer, AIDS, etc.. for their own benefit and wealth." Later in the year, she posed in a PETA ad campaign, encouraging pet owners to "fiercely protect" their dogs and cats by keeping them indoors.
|2009||Vidas Cruzadas||Mariana||Internet novela for Univision, also co-producer|
|1992-93||Mágica juventud||Fernanda Gutiérrez||Main protagonist|
|1994-95||Imperio de cristal||Narda Lombardo Arizmendi||Main protagonist|
|1995||Mujer, casos de la vida real||Episode: "Aunque parezca mentira"|
|1997||Alguna vez tendremos alas||Ana Hernández||Main protagonist|
|1998||La mentira||Verónica Fernández-Negrete||Main protagonist|
|2000||Ramona||Ramona Moreno Gonzaga||Main protagonist|
|2001||El derecho de nacer||María Elena del Junco||Main protagonist|
|2002||American Family||Ofelia||10 episodes|
|2003||Bajo la misma piel||Miranda Murillo Ortiz||Main protagonist|
|2004||Kate Del Castillo en La Riviera Maya||Herself||TV movie|
|2009||The Cleaner||Josefina||Episode: "Does Everybody Have a Drink?"|
|2009||Weeds||Pilar Zuazo||Episode: "A Modest Proposal"
Episode: "A Distinctive Horn"
Episode: "Suck 'n' Spit"
Episode: "All About My Mom"
|2009||El Pantera||Coco||Episode: "Viene Coco"
Episode: "Cosecha de amapolas"
|2011||La Reina del Sur||Teresa Mendoza||Main protagonist|
|2011||CSI: Miami||Anita Torres||Season 10, Episode 5: "Killer Regrets"|
|2012||Grimm||Valentina Espinosa||Season 2, Episode 9: "La Llorona"|
|2013||Arranque de pasión||Ela Rivella||Main protagonist|
|2013||Dallas||Sergeant Marisela Ruiz||Episode: "JR's Masterpiece"|
|2015||Dueños del paraíso||Anastasia Cardona||Main protagonist|
|Year||Title||Role||Notes and Awards|
|1978||Los de abajo||N/A|
|1983||Las sobrinas del diablo|
|1990||El último escape||Bárbara|
|Violencia en altamar||Video|
|1994||Amor que mata|
|1997||Educación sexual en breves lecciones||Ana|
|Reclusorio||Estrella Uribe||Segment "Sangre entre Mujeres"|
|1999||Sendero mortal II||N/A|
|2004||Avisos de ocasión||Amanda|
|La Riviera Maya||Kate||TV movie, also executive producer|
|2005||American Visa||Blanca||Festival de Cine Iberoamericano de Huelva Award for Best Actress
Nominated - Ariel Award for Best Actress
|Lime Salted Love||Isabella Triebel|
|2007||Trade||Laura||National Hispanic Media - "Outstanding Performance in a Motion Picture" award|
|The Black Pimpernel||Consuelo Fuentes|
|Under the Same Moon||Rosario||National Hispanic Media - "Outstanding Performance in a Motion Picture" award
Imagen Foundation Award for Best Actress
Nominated - Diosa de Plata for Best Actress
|2009||Down For Life||Esther|
|2010||The Miracle of Spanish Harlem||Eva|
|2014||No Good Deed||Alexis|
|The Book of Life||La Muerte||Voice|
|2015||El Americano: The Movie||Rayito||Voice
|Best Couple (with Iván Sánchez)||Nominated|
|Best Couple (with Rafael Amaya)|
- "Kate del Castillo una de los 50 más bellos". People en Español (in Spanish). 2011-04-24. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Las 25 mujeres más poderosas". People en Español (in Spanish). 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-09-29.
- "5 Things To Know About Reina del Sur Star Kate del Castillo". People. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Governments are hiding the cures for cancer and AIDS". Twextra (in Spanish). 2012-01-09. Retrieved 2012-01-09.
- "Mexican actress: Drug lord could be 'hero of heroes'". CNN. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "Del Castillo praises Guzman in Twextra posting". MSNBC. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "I believe more in El Chapo Guzmán than in the governments". Forbes. 2012-01-11. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- "Kate del Castillo, la nueva cara de PETA," Huffpost Voces, May 11, 2012.
- "Kate del Castillo se 'enredará'". Cosmopolitan (in Spanish). 2011-08-31. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- "Kate del Castillo: de Reina del Sur a Diosa de Plata". Milenio (in Spanish). 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- "Arrasa Kate en Premios People en español". Quién (in Spanish). 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2011-12-09.
- Kate del Castillo Biography on. IMDb. Retrieved 2011-09-04
- Hopewell, John (20 May 2014). "‘El Americano 3D’ Kicks Off Pre-Sales at Cannes (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety (magazine). Retrieved 21 May 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kate del Castillo.|
- Kate del Castillo's Official Website
- Kate del Castillo at the Internet Movie Database
- Kate del Castillo at Rotten Tomatoes
- Vidas Cruzadas - Webnovela
|This article about a Mexican actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|