Schwarzenegger with her brother Patrick in 2010
|Born||Katherine Eunice Schwarzenegger
December 13, 1989
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Religion||Christian (Roman Catholicism)|
|Relatives||Patrick Schwarzenegger (brother)|
Schwarzenegger was raised in Los Angeles, California. She is the oldest child of actor and politician Arnold Schwarzenegger of Austrian descent, and Maria Shriver of Irish and German descent, a journalist and author whose mother Eunice is from the Kennedy family. She has a younger sister, Christina Schwarzenegger, and two younger brothers, Patrick, and Christopher Schwarzenegger. Through her father, she also has a half-brother, Joseph Baena.
In May 2012, Schwarzenegger graduated with a communication degree from the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California. Her mother delivered the commencement address for the satellite ceremony for the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.
In 2010, Schwarzenegger wrote a book entitled Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back. Schwarzenegger uses the book to describe her personal journey and encourage other young women to achieve confidence and a positive self-image. She had body-image issues between fourth and seventh grade, but now controls her physical and mental health with walking exercises and yoga.
- Schwarzenegger, Katherine (2010). Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back. Voice Publishing. ISBN 1-4013-4143-8.
- Schwarzenegger, Katherine (2014). I Just Graduated ... Now What?: Honest Answers from Those Who Have Been There. Crown Archetype. ISBN 978-0385347204.
- "Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's Brentwood High School Commencement Speech". gov.ca.gov. June 7, 2008. Retrieved June 22, 2008.
- Pace, Eric (July 24, 1991). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Brozan, Nadine (September 21, 1993). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- Brozan, Nadine (September 30, 1997). "Chronicle". New York Times. Retrieved April 18, 2008.
- "Arnie 'Bought Home For Love Child And Mum'". Sky News. May 20, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2011.
- "Schwarzenegger's son with housekeeper born days after Shriver gave birth". Chicago Tribune.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger, Californiality, November 1, 2010
- Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back at Amazon.com, accessed January 4, 2011.
- "Read Katherine Schwarzenegger's 'Rock What You've Got'", Good Morning America, September 16, 2010
- "Rock What You've Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who's Been There and Back", Publishers Weekly, December 20, 2010. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- "Katherine Schwarzenegger shares advice on body image", USA Today, September 13, 2010. Retrieved 2014-01-28.
- Katherine Schwarzenegger on Twitter
- Katherine Schwarzenegger at the Internet Movie Database