Kathleen M. Dumais
|Kathleen M. Dumais|
|Member of the Maryland House of Delegates from District 15|
January 8, 2003
|Preceded by||Mark K. Shriver & Richard A. La Vay|
July 5, 1958 |
La Jolla, California
Kathleen M. Dumais (born July 5, 1958) is an American politician and represents the 15th District of the House of Delegates in the State of Maryland, encompassing the western and northern portions of Montgomery County. Born in La Jolla, California, Dumais grew up in Maryland and eventually pursued a degree at the University of Maryland School of Law. As an attorney, she specialized in family and juvenile law and had a career-long interest in education, at one point working as a teacher in Montgomery County Public Schools.
In 2002, Dumais was elected to the House of Delegates from District 15, which includes Potomac, Germantown, and a large swath of rural northern Montgomery County. She sits on the Judiciary Committee and has served on the Special Committee on Drug and Alcohol Abuse, the Rules and Executive Nominations Committee, and as the Parliamentarian for the House of Delegates.
- voted for the Clean Indoor Air Act of 2007 (HB359)
- voted for the Healthy Air Act in 2006(SB154)
- voted against slots in 2005 (HB1361)
- voted in favor of in-state tuition for illegal immigrants in 2007 (HB6)
- voted in favor of slots (HB4) in the 2007 Special session 
- 2005 Legislative Award from the Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV)
- 2007 Public Policy Award from the Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault (MCASA) 
- 2008 Legislator of the Year Award from the Maryland Legislative Agenda for Women (MLAW)
- 2009 Public Policy Award from the Maryland Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- 2006 Race for Maryland House of Delegates – District 15
- Voters to choose three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Kathleen M. Dumais, Dem. 25,781 21.6% Won Brian J. Feldman, Dem. 25,760 21.6% Won Craig L. Rice, Dem. 20,202 17.0% Won Jean B. Cryor, Rep. 20,050 16.8% Lost Brian Mezger, Rep. 14,112 11.8% Lost Chris Pilkerton, Rep. 13,174 11.1% Lost
- 2002 Race for Maryland House of Delegates – District 15
- Voters to choose three:
Name Votes Percent Outcome Jean B. Cryor, Rep. 20,584 18.7% Won Brian J. Feldman, Dem. 19,719 17.9% Won Kathleen M. Dumais, Dem. 19,246 17.5% Won John Young, Dem. 17,358 15.8% Lost William Ferner Askinazi, Rep. 16,693 15.2% Lost Mary Kane, Rep. 16,579 15.0% Lost Other Write-Ins 42 0.0% Lost
- "HouseBill 4 3rd Reading Vote Tally". Maryland Department of Legislative Information Services. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Kathleen Dumais, Principal". Paley Rothman. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- "House of Delegates Results". Maryland State Board of Elections. Retrieved on Nov. 20, 2007
|This article about a Maryland politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|