Kathleen McGowan is an American author. Her novel The Expected One sold over a million copies worldwide and has appeared in over fifty languages. She claims to be a descendant of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.
The Magdalene Line series
The Magdalene Line is a series of novels, featuring both fictitious and historical female characters which the author believes history has either misrepresented or obliterated.
Kathleen McGowan began working on the first novel The Expected One in 1989. Focusing on the role of Mary Magdalene, it was self-published in 2005, and sold 2,500 copies. On July 25, 2006, the book was re-published by Simon & Schuster under the Touchstone imprint.
Each novel of the series features the fictitious heroine Maureen Paschal, who is tasked with uncovering alleged historical and Christian enigmas. Other fictitious characters include Berenger Sinclair and Tamara Wisdom, as well as the enigmatic character Destino.
The Source of Miracles
The Source of Miracles is a self-help book, based on the Lord's Prayers and offering the reader seven steps to transform their life. The process is based on the six-petalled rose depicted at the center of the Chartres cathedral labyrinth.
- The Poet Prince, 2010
- The Source of Miracles: Seven Steps to Transforming Your Life Through the Lord's Prayer, Fireside, 2009.ISBN 978-1-4391-3765-9
- The Book of Love, 2009.
- The Expected One, Touchstone, 2006. ISBN 0-7432-9942-6
- Sherdhana's Hand (lyrics)
- The St Patrick's Day Song (lyrics)
She has appeared as a presenter on the History Channel and H2 television series Ancient Aliens. She has also appeared as a presenter on "Bible Secrets Revealed," also on the History Channel.
- Carol Memmott, "Is this woman the living 'Code'?", USA Today, July 18 2006.
- Los Angeles Times (2006). Author takes leap of faith with theory of Mary Magdalene. Retrieved 2009-11-24.
- Carol Memmott (2006). Is this woman the living 'Code'?. Retrieved 2008-04-15.
- thespiritrevolution.com as retrieved on May 22 2013