Kathryn Simmonds (born 1972 Hertfordshire) is a British poet, and short story writer.
She graduated from the University of East Anglia with an MA in Creative Writing.
She has also experimented with playwriting, and her first radio play Poetry for Beginners, a comic drama set on a creative writing residential course, was broadcast on Radio 4 in 2008.
- 2002 Eric Gregory Award, from the Society of Authors
- 2004 Poetry Business competition
- 2006 Poetry London competition
- 2007 Asham Award shortlisted for "Pentecost"
- 2008 Forward Poetry Prize Best First Collection
- 2008 Guardian First Book Award, longlisted
- 2008 Costa Book Awards, nominated Poetry category
- Snug, Smith/Doorstop 2004
- Sunday at the Skin Launderette Seren, 2008
- Profile and poems at The Poetry Archive, 2009
- Seren Books profile
- University of East Anglia profile
- Simmonds poems featured in The Guardian, 29 August 2008
- Wigtown Poetry Prize. Simmonds profile
- "Winter Morning" and "The Woman Who Worried Herself To Death". The Poem 2007
- "The Chest", Barcelona Review, 2009
- "This Little Piggy", Barcelona Review, 2004
- "A Quiet Drink", Barcelona Review, 2006