at daughter Nicky Hilton's Fashion Show (2008)
|Born||Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino
March 13, 1959
|Spouse(s)||Richard Howard Hilton (m. 1979)|
Barron Nicholas Hilton II
Conrad Hughes Hilton III
Kyle Richards (half-sister)
Kathleen Elizabeth Hilton (née Avanzino, later Richards) was born on March 13, 1959. She is the daughter of Sharon Kathleen Richards (née Dugan; 1938–2002) and Laurence K. Avanzino (1935–1997). Her paternal grandfather was of Italian descent. She also has Irish ancestry. Hilton's parents later divorced, and her mother married Kenneth E. Richards; through this remarriage, Kathy has two half-sisters: actresses Kim and Kyle Richards. Hilton also has five half-siblings from her father's remarriage. She graduated from a private high school in Los Angeles, where she became best friends with Michael Jackson until his death in 2009.
In 1968, Hilton began working as an actress, retiring in 1974. Notable appearances include Bewitched, Family Affair, Happy Days, The Rockford Files, and The Dark. At the age of 17, she was one of two final candidates to play the role of Jan Brady for The Brady Bunch Hour. Eve Plumb refused to reprise her role, but Geri Reischl eventually won the role. On the May 13, 2008 episode of The Young and the Restless, she made a guest appearance as herself.
In June 2012, Hilton commented that she refuses to watch her half-sisters Kim and Kyle Richards on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, stating they caused her to "fall apart" and "break down in tears".
In the 1980s and early 1990s, Hilton operated her own gift and antiques store The Staircase on Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles. She debuted with 2002 merchandise sales on cable TV's QVC home shopping network. In 2007, she began selling a signature skincare line on HSN.
She is known for her philanthropic endeavors. In 2007, she raised money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation, by asking celebrities to auction some of their belongings and donating the proceeds to them. In 2011, alongside her two daughters, she received an award from the Starlight Children's Foundation at its 'A Stellar Night' Gala in Century City, Los Angeles.
- Paris Hilton (born 1981).
- Nicholai "Nicky" Hilton (born 1983).
- Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989).
- Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994).
- Booth Moore, Special occasion calls for a twist with Kathy Hilton, The Los Angeles Times, December 9, 2012
- Ophrah Winfrey Network: Life With La Toya
- Jerry Oppenheimer, House of Hilton, Crown Publishing, 2006
- Providence Journal
- Providence Journal
- "The Hilton Sisters". New York Magazine. March 31, 2013.
- Kathy Hilton can’t watch sisters’ lives ‘fall apart’ on ‘Real Housewives’, The San Francisco Chronicle, June 2012
- Official website
- Haein Jung, Natalie Stone, Kathy Hilton Showcases Dress Collection at Intimate Cocktail Reception, The Hollywood Reporter, 11/30/2012
- Jennifer Chan, Kathy Hilton Can Dress You for the Holidays, E!, November 30, 2012
- Marshall Heyman, Celebrating the Holidays With the Hiltons , The Wall Street Journal, December 2, 2012
- Maria Martin, Kathy Hilton is 54, fabulous – and frugal, The Charlotte Observer, August 07, 2013
- 'Kathy Hilton calls on pals to help charity, Pasadena Star-News, December 22, 2007
- The Hilton Ladies Step Out for the Starlight Children’s Foundation, Radar Online, March 27, 2011
- Kathy Hilton Shares Marriage Advice, OK! Magazine, November 26, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kathy Hilton.|