at daughter Nicky Hilton's Fashion Show (2008)
|Born||Kathleen Elizabeth Avanzino
March 13, 1959
|Spouse(s)||Richard Howard Hilton (m. 1979)|
|Relatives||Kim and Kyle Richards (half sisters)|
Kathleen Elizabeth "Kathy" Hilton (née Avanzino, later Richards; born March 13, 1959) is an American actress and fashion designer. She is the mother of socialite Paris Hilton and fashion designer Nicky Hilton.
Kathy Hilton is the daughter of Sharon Kathleen Richards (née Dugan; 1938–2002) and Laurence K. Avanzino (1935–1997). Her paternal grandfather was of Italian descent. She also has Irish ancestry. Hilton's parents later divorced, and her mother married Kenneth E. Richards; through this remarriage, Kathy has two half-sisters: actresses Kim and Kyle Richards. Hilton also has five half-siblings from her father's remarriage. She graduated from a private high school in Los Angeles, where she became best friends with Michael Jackson until his death in 2009.
In 1968, Hilton began working as an actress, retiring in 1974. Notable appearances include Bewitched, Family Affair, Happy Days, The Rockford Files, and The Dark. At the age of 17, she was one of two final candidates to play the role of Jan Brady for The Brady Bunch Hour. Eve Plumb refused to reprise her role, but Geri Reischl eventually won the role. On the May 13, 2008 episode of The Young and the Restless, she made a guest appearance as herself.
In June 2012, Hilton commented that she refuses to watch her half-sisters Kim and Kyle Richards on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, stating they caused her to "fall apart" and "break down in tears".
In the 1980s and early 1990s, Hilton operated her own gift and antiques store The Staircase on Sunset Plaza in Los Angeles. She debuted with 2002 merchandise sales on cable TV's QVC home shopping network. In 2007, she began selling a signature skincare line on HSN.
She met Hilton Hotel heir Richard Hilton at age 15. They married in 1979. Rick and Kathy Hilton have four children: daughters Paris Hilton (born 1981) and Nicholai "Nicky" Hilton (born 1983), and sons Barron Nicholas Hilton II (born 1989) and Conrad Hughes Hilton III (born 1994). They live in Bel Air, Los Angeles.
- Booth Moore, Special occasion calls for a twist with Kathy Hilton, The Los Angeles Times, December 9, 2012
- Jerry Oppenheimer, House of Hilton, Crown Publishing, 2006
- Providence Journal
- Providence Journal
- "The Hilton Sisters". New York Magazine. March 31, 2013.
- Kathy Hilton can’t watch sisters’ lives ‘fall apart’ on ‘Real Housewives’, The San Francisco Chronicle, June 2012
- Official website
- Haein Jung, Natalie Stone, Kathy Hilton Showcases Dress Collection at Intimate Cocktail Reception, The Hollywood Reporter, 11/30/2012
- Jennifer Chan, Kathy Hilton Can Dress You for the Holidays, E!, November 30, 2012
- Marshall Heyman, Celebrating the Holidays With the Hiltons , The Wall Street Journal, December 2, 2012
- Kathy Hilton Shares Marriage Advice, OK! Magazine, November 26, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Kathy Hilton|