|Full name||Kathleen Treible Slaton|
|College team||University of Florida|
Treible studied at the Wisconsin Hills Junior High School and Brookfield Central High School in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She started swimming as an age group swimmer at the age of 9, and began competing internationally at 12 years old. As a 15-year-old, she placed fourth in the final of the women's 100-meter breaststroke at the 1978 World Aquatics Championships.
Treible accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where she swam for coach Randy Reese's Florida Gators swimming and diving team in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) competition from 1981 to 1984. In four years as a Gator swimmer, she received twenty-eight All-American honors—the maximum number an individual college swimmer can earn. Treible was a key member of the 1982 Gators women's team that won the NCAA national team championship, winning three individual NCAA national titles in breaststroke events in 1982, for a total of six individual NCAA titles and five NCAA relay team titles during her career. She was recognized as the Southeastern Conference Female Swimmer of the Year in 1981 and 1982. She graduated from the university with a bachelor's degree in exercise and sport science in 1987, and was inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great" in 1995.
Treible won a silver medal as a member of the second-place U.S. team in the women's 4×100-meter freestyle relay at the 1982 World Aquatics Championships. Individually, she also competed in the 100-meter freestyle at the 1982 world championships, and finished eighth in the final.
Her niece Julia Treible is a current member of the Florida Gators swimming and diving team.
- Florida Gators
- List of University of Florida alumni
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (women)
- Chuck Salituro, "Kathy Treibles's Swimming Routine Is Anything but That," The Milwaukee Journal, pp. 17 & 21 (December 15, 1978). Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- Kathy TREIBLE. les-sports.info
- Florida Swimming & Diving 2011–12 Media Supplement, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 9, 61, 62, 65, 68, 69, 79 (2011). Retrieved September 29, 2012.