|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014)|
|Some or all of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (February 2014)|
|Born||Ekaterina Igorevna Elizarova
1986 (age 27–28)
|Other names||Katya Elizarova|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Eye colour||Blue / Green|
|Dress size||(US) 3; (EU) 33|
|Shoe size||7.5 (US); 39 (EU)|
Elizarova was born in 1986. Her father and mother are both of Russian origin. Her great-grandfather married Vladimir Lenin's sister. Elizarova's grandfather was a former head of the KGB. She attended No.1 School in Saratov before moving to Moscow to attend Moscow State University. She also trained as a ballerina at the Bolshoi Ballet in Moscow. Elizarova studied Law at Queen Mary, University of London.
Discovery, early modeling work
At 14, Elizarova was spotted by modeling scout Guia Jikidze in her hometown, after which she appeared on the cover of Jalouse and star in Russian television commercials and campaigns for brands including Pepsi, Kirin, La Forêt and Sok Dobriy.
Full-time modeling career
Elizarova became a full-time model after graduating from university in 2009. Clients and photographers Elizarova has worked with include Ellen Von Unwerth, Rankin, Kim Knott, Commes des Garcons, Guy Laroche, Kirin, Laforet, Calvin Klein, Chanel, Valentino, Versace, Ines Valentinitsch, Etienne Aigner, Karen Walker, Preen, Jasper Conran, Dsquared, Ghost, Avon, Shu Uemura, Swarovski, New Look, Miss Selfridge, Fornarina, Victoria's Secret, Made by Niki, Babyliss, Trevor Sorbie, L'Oréal, and Wella.
Elizarova has worked with several agencies, including Why Not Model Agency (Milan), City Models (Paris), M4 Models (Hamburg), View Management (Spain), Vivienne Model Management and Clear Model Management.
Campaigns since 2010 include Esprit, Triumph, GHD, Toni & Guy, and launching George Davies' luxury fashion brand GIVe. She has also appeared on the cover of Fabulous Magazine and S Magazine and had features in InStyle Magazine, Marie Claire, T3, GQ, Sky Showbiz. In early 2011, Elizarova shot a television campaign for Rimmel London alongside actress Zooey Deschanel.
In August 2011 she signed with IMG Models. In November, Elizarova was hired by US fashion company Max Studio as the brand's new face and first ambassador. She replaced past faces of the brand Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Lily Cole. Elizarova has fronted and creatively consulted on campaigns for Max Studio in its Spring/Summer 2012, Fall/Winter 2012 and Spring/Summer 2013 seasons supported by fellow brand models Erin O'Connor, Suki Waterhouse, and Victoria Zuban.
In 2006, she appeared in the Russian music video Sky by Diskoteka Avariya, in which she played the narrator and female lead. She made her theatrical debut on the London stage in Belka Production's Chekov/Bunin adaptation of Sunstroke in August/September 2013 at the Platform Theatre in King's Cross. She appeared in Fox UK's reality show Meet the Russians, a show about Eastern Europeans living in London.
A campaigner for models' rights, she addressed the Oxford Union on the world of modelling, its pitfalls, rewards, and health issues in 2009. She is a supporter of UK charity Fashion For Good and the Red Cross. In October 2013, Elizarova addressed a forum in the British Parliament on the future of the fashion industry, focusing on support for young talent.
- "Katya Elizarova Portfolio". City Models. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "M4 Model Management - KATIA ELIZAROVA". M4 Models. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- Godwin, Richard (20 September 2013). "Crème de la Kremlin". London Evening Standard.
- Slater, Lydia (September 24, 2013). "Katia Elizarova: 'I love Benedict Cumberbatch’s talent'". The Times (London). Retrieved 2013-12-27. "At 27, she is a veteran of the modelling industry..."
- Carter, Claire (September 20, 2013). "British men are weak with terrible manners, Russian model says". The Telegraph (UK). Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Pippatips: Parody Pippa Middleton at your peril, say lawyers | Mail Online
- "International Model Katia Elizarova Signed By IMG Models".
- Kay, Richard (2011-10-26). "Katia Who Got The Cream". London: The Daily Mail. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Are You Model Material".
- "Max Studio Signs International Model Katia Elizarova as Brand Ambassador". Fashion Style. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Katya Elizarova - Fashion Model - Profile". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katya Elizarova - photo ID:254185". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Katya Elizarova - photo ID:372778". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "GQ's Guide to the Perfect Night". My Fashion Database. December 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Katia Elizarova recent news". Production Paradise. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Katia Elizarova Profile - IMG Models". IMG Group. Retrieved 2011-11-06.
- "Katia Elizarova - Stylist News". Stylist. Retrieved 2011-09-05.
- "International Model Katia Elizarova Signed by IMG Models". Yahoo! News. Retrieved 2011-08-25.[dead link]
- "Katia Elizarova named as new face of Max Studio, replaces Rosie H-W and Lily Cole". My Fashion Life. Retrieved 2011-11-01.
- "Max Studio to launch in London". Retail Gazette. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- "Max Studio Signs International Model Katia Elizarova as Brand Ambassador and New Face". Yahoo News!. Retrieved 2011-10-26.
- Leon Max/Maxstudio Spring/Summer 2013 - YouTube
- My Fashion Connect: Super models Erin O'Connor and Katia Elizarova fronting LEON MAX Ad campaign this winter
- Leon Max Archives | Design Scene - Fashion, Photography, Style & Design
- "Leon Max London Store Opening Party". Shelf 3D. 28 December 2012. Retrieved 7 January 2014.
- "Disco Crash - Sky". YouTube. 2003.
- "Sunstroke Review". Time Out London. 30 July 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- Russian model Katia Elizarova stars in Chekhov adaptation Sunstroke - Theatre News - 14 Aug 2013
- Peacock, Louisa (14 September 2013). "Meet the Russians: Beyond the wodka, fur and red lipstick, Russian girls are genuine and loveable". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 February 2014.
- RICHARD KAY: Why Darcey Bussell says Strictly Come Dancing is OK-yah | Mail Online
- Exclusive: Inside The Life Of A Modern Supermodel- Katia Elizarova – Part Two | Bohomoth
- Exclusive: Inside The Life Of A Modern Supermodel- Katia Elizarova – Part One | Bohomoth
- Ekaterina Elizarova - International model - Russian Personalities
- ‘Katia E’, de supermodelo a superheroína | Gente | EL PAÍS