|Born||Katie Louise Van Veen
January 8, 1972
|Occupation||Ecofriendly special event planner|
In 2008, Martin's work as a wedding planner was featured on the Style Network's show Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? In the episode "Zen Spin," a couple hired Martin to plan two wedding receptions for them: one in Chinese tradition, the other with an Italian flavor." 
Washingtonian magazine has interviewed her as an ecofriendly wedding planner in the January 2009 edition of its special Bride & Groom section. And The Washingtonian featured her an expert wedding planner in an online chat.
Other media outlets that have featured Martin and her work include
- Elegant Bride magazine: Martin's company, Elegance & Simplicity, was one of the "top floral designers" in the United States
- Floral Management magazine: Featured on the cover and proclaimed “The Chosen One”
- WUSA (Washington, DC, CBS affiliate): Featured for creating a charity wedding for a local DC couple
- WTOP (Washington, DC, talk-radio station): Interviewed for creating a charity wedding
- TBD TV (Washington, DC, cable television network): Provided "tips on making your wedding green" 
Martin’s work also has been showcased in DC Modern Luxury Magazine, Flower Magazine, Catering Magazine, Florist’ Review, Washington Woman, Grace Ormonde, Upscale Magazine, Bride & Bloom, Modern Bride, My Day Magazine, The Knot, Engaged Magazine, and La Bella Bride.
Founded in 1998 Martin's wedding and event planning company, Elegance & Simplicity Wedding & Event Designers, Inc. (located in Bethesda, Maryland with a sister office in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) has planned about 3,500 weddings worldwide. Martin also founded and runs Green Life DC and, a consulting firm that helps individuals, families, events and businesses be more environmentally friendly.
Martin has one son and is married to Neftali Miguel Vasquez Perez.
- TV Guide. Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
- Washingtonian.com: Wedding Planner Chat with Katie Martin
- Washington Post. "Down the Aisle, Into the Melting Pot."
- Brides.com. Expert design.
- Floral Management. "The Chosen One." (Select #48)
- WUSA. Local Couple Prepares for 9/11 Wedding.
- Washingtonian.com. Bridal Party Chat: Ask an Ecofriendly Planner