McGrath at the Japan Expo in 2010
|Born||Katherine Elizabeth McGrath
1983 (age 30–31)
Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
Katherine Elizabeth "Katie" McGrath (born 1983) is an Irish actress and model. She is best known for playing Morgana in the BBC One television series Merlin. She most recently appeared as Lucy Westenra on the British-American horror drama TV series Dracula, which aired in the fall of 2013.
McGrath was raised in Ashford, County Wicklow, Ireland. She studied the International Baccalaureate at St. Andrews College before graduating from Trinity College, Dublin with a degree in History. She wanted to work in fashion journalism and took a job at Image magazine, before becoming a wardrobe assistant on the set of The Tudors.
A couple of the producers said I should give acting a try. I just thought, "Why not?" It’s like running away to join the circus, everyone wants to do it when they're young but then you grow up and get a proper job. But somebody's got to do it or you wouldn't have the circus.
McGrath was cast in Damage, an Irish TV-movie in 2007. She also starred in Bedrock Productions's play La Marea at the Dublin Theatre Festival 2007.
In September 2011, McGrath voice-acted the lead character in the Irish animated short film Tríd an Stoirm (Through the Storm). Later that month, McGrath was cast as Oriane Congost in Labyrinth.
In February 2013, McGrath was reunited with her The Tudors co-star and close friend Jonathan Rhys Meyers in NBC and Sky Living's horror drama TV series Dracula, which started airing in autumn 2013. McGrath portrays Lucy Westenra.
|2008||Tudors, TheThe Tudors||Bess||Season 2, episode 5: "His Majesty's Pleasure"|
|2008||Roaring Twenties, TheThe Roaring Twenties||Vixen||TV miniseries|
|2008–2012||Merlin||Morgana Pendragon||65 episodes (Main Role)|
|2009||Queen, TheThe Queen||Princess Margaret||Season 1, episode 1: "Margaret"|
|2012||Labyrinth||Oriane Congost||TV miniseries|
|2013||Dates||Kate Foster||TV series|
|2013||Dracula||Lucy Westenra||Season 1, episodes 1–10|
|2011||W.E.||Lady Thelma Furness|
|2011||Princess for Christmas, AA Princess for Christmas||Jules Daly||TV movie|
|2012||Tríd an Stoirm||Alice/Banshee（voice）||Short film|
|2014||Leading Lady||Jodi Rutherford||post-production|
- "Victoria Smurfit To Sink Teeth into Jonathan Rhys Meyers' 'Dracula'". IFTN. 4 February 2013. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- Hibberd, James. "'Dracula' dead! NBC stakes Jonathan Rhys Meyers thriller". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 11 May 2014.
- McGrath grew up with two older brother Rory and Shaun."Interview Katie McGrath" (July 2011) Irish Tatler
- "The Sorcerer's Apprentice". The Gloss Magazine. Retrieved 5 November 2013.[dead link]
- "Girls – Katie McGrath". Arena Magazine. 12 October 2010. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- Sunday Herald Salon – She's magic[dead link]
- bedrockproductions[dead link]
- "Five actresses to play the Queen for C4". The Guardian. 27 January 2009. Retrieved 4 March 2009.
- "Katie McGrath praises 'fantastic' Madonna". London: Digital Spy. 8 October 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- Blaga, Lulia (25 February 2011). "PRODUCTION: Christmas at Castlebury Hall Will Shoot in Romania". Film New Europe. Retrieved 17 May 2011.
- "Judy Greer Joins 'Jurassic World'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Katie McGrath.|