28 January 1982 |
Leipzig, Sachsen, East Germany
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||68 kg (150 lb)|
|Coached by||Ingo Weissborn|
Katja Wächter (born January 28, 1982 in Leipzig, Sachsen) is a German foil fencer. In 2009, Wachter won a silver medal for the same weapon at the European Championships in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, and bronze, as a member of the German fencing team, at the World Championships in Antalya, Turkey.
Wachter represented Germany at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, where she competed in two foil events. For her first event, the women's individual foil, Wachter defeated Peru's María Luisa Doig, Romania's Cristina Stahl, and France's Corinne Maîtrejean in the preliminary rounds, before losing out the quarterfinal match to Italy's Giovanna Trillini, with a score of 8–15. Few days later, she joined with her fellow fencers and teammates Melanie Wolgast, Anja Schache, and Carolin Golubytskyi for the women's team foil. Wachter and her team, however, lost the fifth place match to the Chinese team (led by Zhang Lei), with a total score of 28 touches.
- "Deutsche Fechter Bund – Katja Wächter" (in German). German Fencing Federation. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Katja Wächter biography and Olympic results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Fecht-WM in Antalya: Florettdamen jubeln über Bronze" [Fencing World Championships in Antalya: Foil ladies cheer on bronze] (in German). RP Online. 7 October 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Silber und Bronze für deutsche Fechter" [Silver and bronze for German fencers] (in German). Hamburger Abendblatt. 14 July 2009. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Women's Individual Foil – Quarterfinal 1". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
- "Women's Team Foil – Placement 5–6 Official". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 26 January 2013.
|This biographical article related to fencing in Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|