|Birth name||Micah S. Katt Williams|
September 2, 1973 |
Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.
|Medium||Stand-up, television, film, music|
|Genres||Black comedy, Blue comedy, Satire, Observational comedy, Physical comedy|
|Subject(s)||African-American culture, racism, recreational drug use, politics, celebrities, sexual activities|
|Notable works and roles||Various in Wild 'n Out
Bobby Shaw in My Wife and Kids
Money Mike in Friday After Next
It's Pimpin' Pimpin'
Micah S. Katt Williams (born September 2, 1973), better known as Katt Williams, is an American comedian, rapper and actor. He is best known for his role as Money Mike in Friday After Next. He is also known for his stint on Nick Cannon’s MTV improv show, Wild 'n Out, for playing the fictional character Bobby Shaw on the program My Wife and Kids, as well as providing the voice for the character "A Pimp Named Slickback" in The Boondocks.
Williams started performing comedy in his Cincinnati neighborhood, Avondale, most notably appearing on BET's Comic View. He has also played supporting characters in movies such as First Sunday and Norbit, but is probably more widely recognized for his character Money Mike in the movie Friday After Next. He has also used the Money Mike stage name when rapping for songs by such artists as Baby Bash, The Game, and Suga Free.
Williams has provided numerous skits and video appearances for artists such as Nick Cannon, DJ Drama, E-40, The Game, Lyfe Jennings, Lil Jon, Lil' Kim, Lil' Scrappy, Ludacris, Outkast, T.I., Cyrano Williams, Oprah Winfrey, Machine Gun Kelly, and others. He was a cast member on Wild 'n Out for several seasons; he voices "A Pimp Named Slickback" on the Adult Swim's The Boondocks; he plays himself as an onstage comedian in Grand Theft Auto IV; and Williams has appeared in several episodes of My Wife and Kids as character Bobby Shaw. He was also on Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav.
On December 3, 2012 Williams announced the end of his stand-up comedy career, a day after a bizarre incident in Seattle that landed him in jail. However, just 3 days later, Williams announced he was coming out of retirement.
Incidents at live shows 
In January 2009, Katt Williams was slapped in the face while performing at a club in Detroit on New Years Eve. During his performance Williams joked about a heckler in the crowd. The heckler proceeded to make his way onto the stage and then slapped Williams.
An August 27, 2011 performance at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona was marred by an incident during which Williams responded to a heckler, identified as being of Mexican descent, with an angry tirade that included Williams shouting "...so if you love Mexico, bitch, get the fuck over there!" In an interview following the performance, Williams stated that the incident was precipitated by the heckler. "If a person starts their heckling with 'f' America, then that gives me the right to defend my country," Williams said. Williams offered no apology for his remarks during the performance, stating "I don't think I need to apologize for being pro-American."
Two live performances in November 2012 were ended early due to Williams' confrontational behavior. A November 1 performance at the Wells Fargo Theatre in Denver ended after Williams jumped off the stage to confront a heckler. A November 16 performance at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California ended after Williams again entered into a profanity-laced confrontation with a heckler and was assisted off stage by his own security staff. This followed Williams' November 15, 2012 arrest in Oakland on charges of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly beating an 18 year-old Berkeley, California man with a bottle aboard Williams' tour bus.
Williams failed to appear for a scheduled performance on Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Paramount Theater in Seattle, Washington. No explanation was immediately offered and the booking agency was forced to offer refunds to audience members.
Legal problems 
On November 13, 2006, Williams was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport after a stolen gun was found in his briefcase. On December 14, 2006, Williams pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count of carrying a concealed firearm and was sentenced to three years probation, ordered to pay restitution, and was given credit for the three days he spent in jail.
In November 2010, Williams was arrested by police while working on a film in Coweta County, Georgia. He was accused of stealing $3,500 worth of coins and jewelry. He was released the following day on a $40,000 bond. Police later charged Williams with burglary and criminal trespass.
On June 11, 2011, Williams was arrested in connection of an alleged assault on a tractor driver. The alleged victim said three women approached his tractor at around 4:30pm local time and attacked him with rocks and dirt clods, causing him facial injuries. Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department officers arrived on the scene and arrested the three women for assault with a deadly weapon and Williams for felony intimidation of a witness. Williams was booked into jail and released that same night on $50,000 bail.
On November 9, 2012, a lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles which alleges that on October 6, 2012 Williams hit his former assistant with "a closed fist" causing serious injury. The plaintiff is asking for punitive damages in the amount of $5 million.
On November 15, 2012, Williams was arrested in Oakland, California on charges of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly beating an 18 year-old Berkeley, California man with a bottle aboard Williams' tour bus.
An attendee of Williams' aborted November 16, 2012 performance at the Oracle Arena in Oakland filed a class action lawsuit days after the event, seeking compensation for himself and "all others who paid money for a show and got nothing but Katt Williams' nonperformance."
On December 2, 2012 Williams was arrested in Seattle after he allegedly got into a dispute at a bar in South Lake Union. Williams’ arrest came after his no-show November 29, 2012 for the first night of a planned two-night engagement at the Paramount Theatre.
On December 7, 2012 Williams was arrested again in Dunnigan, California on a felony warrant arising from a November 25, 2012 incident in Sacramento, California where he allegedly drove a three-wheeled motorbike on a sidewalk and failed to stop for police. During the resulting police chase, Williams is alleged to have nearly hit five people with his bike, which prompted authorities to end the chase for safety reasons and issue the subsequent warrant.
On January 8, 2013, Williams was arrested at his LA home after a warrant was issued for failing to appear in Sacramento County Court on charges of driving in a reckless manner from the November 25th incident in which he allegedly drove a three-wheeled motorbike on a sidewalk and failed to stop for police.
Personal life 
Williams currently lives in West Hills, California, and is a father of eight, including one biological son, Micah, from his former marriage, and seven adopted children. He moved with his eight children in 2008 and set-up a temporary residence at Eaton House, Watchung, NJ, which he later attempted to purchase as a permanent residence for him and his family. Recently, a former nanny won custody of one of his children, an eight year old girl, after Williams failed to make a court appearance. Williams filed a claim the following month that the nanny was a "shameless fraud", and won back custody of the child.
- Friday After Next (2002) - Money Mike
- Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003) - Neighbor (Uncredited)
- Repos (2006) (V) - Mr. Henderson
- Katt Williams: Live: Let a Playa Play (2006) - Himself
- The Pimp Chronicles, Pt. 1 (2006) - Himself
- Norbit (2007) - Lord Have Mercy
- The Perfect Holiday (2007) - Delicious
- American Hustle: The Movie (2007) - Himself
- Epic Movie (2007) - Harry Beaver
- Internet Dating (2008) - Mickey
- First Sunday (2008) - Rickey
- It's Pimpin' Pimpin' (2008) - Himself
- Lonely Street (2009) - Rodent
- Katt Williams Presents: Katthouse (2009) - Himself
- Katt Williams: Pimpadelic (2009) - Himself
- Katt Williams: 9 Lives (2010) - Himself
- Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore (2010) - Seamus
- Kattpacalypse (2012) - Himself
- The Obama Effect (2012) - MLK
- Scary Movie 5 (2013) - Priest
- 6abc.com: Comedian Katt Williams Sentenced 12/14/06
- Dionne Walker (9 November 2009). "Comedian Katt Williams faces burglary charges in Georgia". Associated Press. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
- "Katt Williams: 'I'm kinda done' with stand-up comedy career". CNN.com. December 3, 2012.
- "Katt Williams Not Retiring From Stand-Up Comedy, Just Felt Unappreciated". huffingtonpost.com. December 6, 2012.
- The Young Turks (2011). Anti-Mexican Rant By Comedian Katt Williams. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU4neO7FGZI. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- CNN Wire Staff (3 September 2011). "Katt Williams explains apology for Mexico remarks". cnn.com. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- Wenzel, John (3 November 2012). "Katt Williams fans furious after bizarre Denver show". denverpost.com. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- Jimenez, Daniel (17 November 2012). "Comedian Katt Williams' onstage meltdown in Oakland brings angry response from fans". MercuryNews.com. Retrieved November 17, 2012. More than one of
- St. Clair, Katy (15 November 2012). "Katt Williams arrested in Oakland after show, accused of hitting man with a bottle". sfexaminer.com. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- Matson, Andrew (30 November 2012). "Katt Williams a no-show at Seattle's Paramount Theatre". seattletimes.com. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- "Katt Williams arrested on gun charge at LAX". USA Today. November 7, 2006.
- "Katt Williams released, facing burglary charge". CNN. November 10, 2009.
- News Report, Video: Katt Williams Speaks
- "Katt Williams arrested in assault on tractor driver".
- "Comedian Katt Williams arrested for alleged attack on Californian tractor driver". New York Post. June 13, 2011.
- Superior Court of California - County of Los Angeles Case No. BC495398
- "Katt Williams: Comedian Sued for Challenging Fans to Fight During Onstage Meltdown". sfweekly.com. November 27, 2012.
- "Stand-up comic arrested after dispute". seattletimes.com. December 2, 2012.
- "Katt Williams arrested again". komonews.com. December 9, 2012.
- "Katt Williams Arrested For Child Endangerment, May Face Felony Charges Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/458817/katt-williams-arrested-for-child-endangerment-may-face-felony-charges/#CvU2L2rqdyqVJ1Au.99". inquisitr.com. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Katt Williams Wins Back Custody of Daughter". 2011-12-10. Retrieved 2012-03-29.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Katt Williams|
- Official website
- Katt Williams at the Internet Movie Database
- VIBE Profile
- Katt Williams as Host of Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav