|Community development block|
|Parliamentary constituency||Bardhaman Purba|
|• Total||63.49 sq mi (164.45 km2)|
|• Density||1,900/sq mi (732/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||59.34 per cent|
Katwa II (community development block) (Bengali: কাটোয়া II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক) is an administrative division in Katwa subdivision of Bardhaman district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Katwa police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Dainhat.
Palsona, a constituent gram panchayat of Katwa II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Katwa II block had a total population of 120,314, out of which 61,696 were males and 58,618 were females. Katwa II block registered a population growth of 13.76 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Bardhaman district was 14.36 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Katwa II block had a total literacy of 59.34 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 67.35 per cent female literacy was 50.83 per cent. Bardhaman district had a total literacy of 70.18 per cent, male literacy being 78.63 per cent and female literacy being 60.95 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Burdwan district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Barddhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-09-23.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Bardhaman District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-09-23.