|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
Kauffman Vodka is a Russian brand of vodka produced in Moscow, Russia by the WH Import Company, one of the largest import and wholesale companies of beverage alcohol in Russia. Introduced in 2000 by Dr. Mark Kauffman, Kauffman Vodka is produced in limited quantities and is the only vodka to have a specific vintage. Several varieties are produced.
Kauffman Vodka is produced from the wheat of a single harvest; thus, it has a specific vintage. Kauffman insists that each year, strict quality control measures be taken to ensure the optimal quality of the wheat crop. As a result, Kauffman may not be produced in years when the wheat harvest is deemed substandard. To ensure only the highest quality, Kauffman is distilled fourteen times and filtered twice: once through birch coal, and once through quartz sand.
Each year, less than 20,000 bottles of Kauffman Vodka are produced. As a result, Kauffman Vodka is available in only limited quantities. Currently Kauffman Vodka is available in select locations in California, Arizona, Nevada, Montana, New York and Florida.
Kauffman Vodka is available in many varieties:
- Kauffman Vodka Luxury Collection 80 Proof
- Kauffman Vodka Vintage Select 80 Proof
- Kauffman Vodka Non-Vintage Select Soft 80 Proof
- Kauffman Vodka Non-Vintage Select Hard 80 Proof
- Kauffman Vodka Non-Vintage Select Lemon/Grapefruit 80 Proof
- Kauffman Vodka Non-Vintage Select Pepper/Caraway 80 Proof
To date the only variety available in the USA is the Kauffman Vodka Luxury Collection 80 Proof.
- Montefiore, Adam (3 November 2011). "White whiskey". Jerusalem Post – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- "Wise & otherwise.(wine developments)". Wines and Vines – via HighBeam Research (subscription required). May 2004. Retrieved 13 October 2013.
- Newsham, Gavin (22 March 2006). "Rich Man? Poor Man!". Mail on Sunday – via Questia (subscription required). Retrieved 13 October 2013.