|Part of the series on|
Kaumaram is a sect of Hindus, especially found in South India and Sri Lanka where Lord Muruga is the Supreme Godhead. Tamil is a divine language created by the lord himself, according to local south Indian belief. So, to the Tamils, there are only one divine languages- Tamil which was founded by a Holy Sages known as Agastya, gaining their inspiration from the Lord. Lord Muruga is considered the patron of the Tamils, due to His worship being widespread amongst those of Tamil descent. However, this was not always so for Lord Muruga's worship was once widespread in North India and Bengal. According to the Skanda Purana, Lord Muruga is considered as the younger son of Lord Shiva and Parvati where Lord Ganesha is their first son. According to the Puranic sources Lord Muruga incarnated as six sparks emanating from the Third eye of Lord Shiva. According to Skanda purana Lord Muruga imprisoned Lord Brahma,protected Lord Vishnu from the asuras and taught the Pranava Mantram to Lord Shiva.Thus Lord Muruga is considered superior to the Trimurti. The worshippers of Lord Muruga are called Kaumaras.
Paramparai and Sampradayam
Lord Muruga in His great mercy and compassion responds to His devotees without the need for a mortal guru. He is the Supreme Guru of the Universe and responds to His devotees in ways that suit their consciousness best. There only is one Sampradaya in the Kaumara faith, that which begins from Lord Muruga Himself. Unfortunately, today the Kaumara faith has lost the glory and majesty it once possessed. It has merged largely into Shaivism. However, ancient texts such as the Kumara Tantra and the Skanda Sadbhava Tantra does give significant insight on the Kaumara faith in its original sense.
In the context of the Skanda Purana (34.28-30) it is proclaimed that Lord Murugan is the origin of the Omkara. This is evident in the formula containing the names of Lord Murugan followed by Pranava. Lord Murugan also explains that Lord Siva also is part of this Omkara which encapsulates the entire universes.
From Lord Shiva, the sages learnt it. It is the substatum of all creation. So Lord Muruga is considered as the supreme deity in Kaumaram. Lord Muruga is Himself the Pranava, thus He alone has full knowledge of It. This gives Him the authority to question Bramha and teach Siva Its meaning.
- Kaumaram-a religion where Lord Muruga is worshipped as the Supreme Lord.
- Six sub-divisions of Hinduism.
- Worshippers of lord Muruga is called as Kaumarars.
- Kaumaram-A religion of God Muruga.
- Kumara Tantra-a tantra practised by kaumaras.
- Sanskrit - The Divine Language of Hinduism
- SANSKRIT-The Divine Language
- Specific features of the divine language - 'Sanskrut' - Sanskrit | Hindu Janajagruti Samiti
- Indian Government Denigrates Tamil Language (Sanskrit and Tamil)
- Controversies in History: Myth of Divine Tamil
- Agastya - Agastya and The Tamil Language | Global Oneness
- Skanda Purana or Kartika Purana
- The Om Symbol - ॐ
- Murugan devotion, Temples, Songs, Festivals, Thiruppugazh, Tirupugazh, Thirupugal, Arunagirinathar, Pranavam, OM, South Indian (Tamil) God, Muruga, Muruha, Muruka worship, kav...
- :: Hinduism And The Six Religious Schools ::
- Sushrutha Kumara Tantra