|Station entrance, February 2012|
(See other stations in Saitama)
|Neighborhood etc.||1-4-4 Rokken-machi|
|Former name||Kawagoe-machi Station|
|Present name since||1922|
|Line(s)||Tobu Tojo Line|
|Statistics||34,702 passengers/day (FY2010)|
|There are no bus services at this station|
Kawagoeshi Station is served by the Tobu Tojo Line from Ikebukuro in Tokyo, with some services inter-running via the Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line to Shin-Kiba and the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line to Shibuya and onward via the Tokyu Toyoko Line and Minato Mirai Line to Motomachi-Chukagai. Located between Kawagoe and Kasumigaseki, it is 31.4 km from the Ikebukuro terminus. All services, (TJ Liner, Rapid express, Rapid, Express, Commuter express, Semi express, Local) stop at this station.
The station consists of two island platforms serving four tracks. The station building and entrance is located on the east side. A new footbridge providing lift access was added during fiscal 2010.
Two storage tracks are located between the running lines north of the station for use by trains terminating at this station. On the west side of the station lies the Kawagoe maintenance depot, which is responsible for minor overhauls of Tojo Line rolling stock.
|1/2||■Tobu Tojo Line||for Sakado, Shinrinkōen, and Ogawamachi|
|3/4||■Tobu Tojo Line||for Kawagoe, Wakōshi, and Ikebukuro
Tokyo Metro Yurakucho Line for Shin-Kiba
Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line for Shibuya
Tokyu Toyoko Line for Yokohama
Minatomirai Line for Motomachi-Chukagai
Platform 2 is generally used for trains terminating at this station, and platform 3 is generally used for trains starting from this station.
|Tobu Tojo Line|
From 17 March 2012, station numbering was introduced on the Tobu Tojo Line, with Kawagoeshi Station becoming "TJ-22".
In fiscal 2010, the station was used by an average of 34,702 passengers daily.
- Kawagoe City Office
- Kawagoe City Library
- Kawagoe City Museum
- Kawagoe City Art Museum
- Kawagoe Municipal Swimming Pool
Temples and shrines
- Kita-in Temple
- Hikawa Shrine
- Saitama Prefectural Kawagoe High School
- Saitama Prefectural Kawagoe Girls' Senior High School
- Yamamura Gakuen High School
- Hoshino High School
- Kawagoe Fujimi Junior High School
- Bushu Gas head office
- Kawagoe Prince Hotel
- Kawagoe Tobu Hotel
- "Kawagoeshi Station information" (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 200. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- "Tobu Tojo Line Timetable", published March 2013
- Kawashima, Ryozo (February 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１１巻 埼玉南部・東京多摩北部 [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 11 Southern Saitama and Northern Tama Tokyo]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 63. ISBN 978-4-06-270071-9.
- "２０１０年度の鉄道事業計画" [Fiscal 2010 Business Plan] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. 27 April 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2011.
- Yamamoto, Tomoyuki (October 2008). "東武東上線の神話時代（１）". Japan Railfan Magazine (Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd.) 48 (570): p.126–131.
- Tobu Tojo Line Timetable, published 7 June 2008
- "「東武スカイツリーライン」誕生！ あわせて駅ナンバリングを導入し、よりわかりやすくご案内します" [Tobu Sky Tree Line created! Station numbering to be introduced at same time] (pdf). Tobu News (in Japanese). Tobu Railway. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "駅情報（乗降人員）" [Station information (Passenger statistics)] (in Japanese). Japan: Tobu Railway. Retrieved 14 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kawagoeshi Station.|
- Kawagoeshi Station information (Saitama Prefectural Government) (Japanese)
- Kawagoeshi Station information (Japanese)