Cannon in September 2009
|Alma mater||Lewis University|
|Spouse(s)||Jason Sudeikis (m. 2004; div. 2010)
Eben Russell (m. 2012)
Kay Cannon is an American film and television writer and actress who is best known for her work as an Emmy-nominated writer and producer for the NBC series 30 Rock. She wrote the screenplay for the 2012 film Pitch Perfect, and she is a co-executive producer and writer on New Girl.
Kay Cannon, fifth of seven children, was raised in Braidwood, Illinois and graduated from Reed-Custer High School. She received her BA in Theatre and MA in Education at Lewis University in Romeoville, Illinois. She trained in improvisation at The Second City and I.O. (ImprovOlympic) in Chicago.
In addition to being a writer for 30 Rock, Cannon has had cameo roles on the series.
She was thanked by Alec Baldwin at the Golden Globe awards during his acceptance speech for Best Actor in a Comedy Series on January 15, 2007. She has won the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Comedic Series for her work on 30 Rock three times, and also won a 2008 Peabody Award for her work on the show. In 2010, Cannon was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series.
Cannon performs sketch and improv for theatres like Boom Chicago in Amsterdam, The Second City in Chicago and Las Vegas, IO (West and Chicago) and at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles and New York. One of her first jobs was as a performer at ComedySportz (Chicago).
Cannon married Eben Russell on January 1, 2012 and the couple welcomed their daughter, Evelyn Rose Russell on October 9, 2013.
- "A Few Minutes with 30 Rock's Kay Cannon • UCB Comedy". Ucbcomedy.com. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- The Swimmer. YouTube.
- "Writer Kay Cannon Talks PITCH PERFECT, Girl Power, Picking Out the Songs, THE BREAKFAST CLUB, and Her FOX Show". ollider.com. 2012-09-29.
- Radish, Christina (October 1, 2012). "Writer Kay Cannon Talks PITCH PERFECT, Girl Power, Picking Out the Songs, THE BREAKFAST CLUB, and Her FOX Show". Collider. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- Thomas, Mike (April 3, 2013). "‘Pitch Perfect’ writer returns to Chicago to hone her improv chops". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
- Mason, Rachael. "Inside the Writer's Room: Behind the Scenes at 30 Rock with Writer/Producer Kay Cannon". Splitsider.com. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- "UCB Theatre - New York - Performers - Kay Cannon". Newyork.ucbtheatre.com. Retrieved 2011-06-10.
- "2009 Writers Guild Awards Television, Radio, News, Promotional Writing, and Graphic Animation Nominees Announced". Writers Guild of America. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-12.
- "Writer Kay Cannon Talks PITCH PERFECT, Girl Power, Picking Out the Songs, THE BREAKFAST CLUB, and Her FOX Show". Collider.com. September 29, 2012.
- "Exclusive: Olivia Wilde Is Dating Jason Sudeikis!". Us Weekly. December 7, 2011.
- Webber, Stephanie (October 13, 2013). "Kay Cannon, Pitch Perfect and New Girl Writer, Welcomes Baby Girl: Picture". Us Weekly. Retrieved August 22, 2014.
|This article about a television writer from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|